Quantcast

Driving cross country..

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Well it looks like I will be driving cross country from PA to CO next week. So what should I see? I really don't have much time, I only have about 3 days to make the trip, but I was thinking about driving through to Louisville KY to take some shots at the big park there, then head on to colorado.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Well it looks like I will be driving cross country from PA to CO next week. So what should I see? I really don't have much time, I only have about 3 days to make the trip, but I was thinking about driving through to Louisville KY to take some shots at the big park there, then head on to colorado.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Heh! I was driving through Kansas to get to CO when I came out last time. You gotta stop along that interstate that runs through central kansas. The Worlds Largest Prairie Dog can be seen there. You'll see the signs im sure.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Heh! I was driving through Kansas to get to CO when I came out last time. You gotta stop along that interstate that runs through central kansas. The Worlds Largest Prairie Dog can be seen there. You'll see the signs im sure.
HA, I saw that when I was driving out here the first time years ago. You know your state is boring when you make giant ceramic creatures to capture the attention of misguided tourists!! :D

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
HA, I saw that when I was driving out here the first time years ago. You know your state is boring when you make giant ceramic creatures to capture the attention of misguided tourists!! :D
that's awesome that Im not the only one retarded enough to stop:D

Hey, did you expect the worlds larges prarie dog to be alive? Cause I sure did, and man was i disappointed.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by BurlySurly
that's awesome that Im not the only one retarded enough to stop:D

Hey, did you expect the worlds larges prarie dog to be alive? Cause I sure did, and man was i disappointed.
Actually you need to go to Blue Earth Minnisota next then you can see the Jolly Green Giant! (not alive)

I dont think I expected a live Prarie dog, but It sure is funny to think about the thought process that the locals had to come up with that!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Actually you need to go to Blue Earth Minnisota next then you can see the Jolly Green Giant! (not alive)

I dont think I expected a live Prarie dog, but It sure is funny to think about the thought process that the locals had to come up with that!
who the **** makes those creatures anyway?

Theres a big pink elephant at a car lot in my home town:confused:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Mammoth caves are cool. Been there once or twice before.

I am driving to Idaho and dropping my girlfriend off in SLC, leaving on Friday morning. No time to stop anywhere- gotta report to work by Monday afternoon :(

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by JRogers
Mammoth caves are cool. Been there once or twice before.

I am driving to Idaho and dropping my girlfriend off in SLC, leaving on Friday morning. No time to stop anywhere- gotta report to work by Monday afternoon :(
OMG! You are driving to Idaho and back to vt to drop off your GF all in a few days? How about a plane? :think:

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I suggest heading North and spend time in Montana. Bozeman has awesome XC riding and you can DH at Big Sky. Then head through Yellowstone on your way down to CO.

Harrisonburg VA has some great riding as well.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
The skate park in Louisville is f'in huge. As long as its not pouring rain there are always some bad-ass local bmx dudes ripping the place up. Most days there are usually some awesome bro/pro riders. **A shameless local plug** - if you are interested in shooting a local mountain biker who rips at the skate park on his hardtail and dh bike (like bunny hop to manual to 180 off a picknik table on a balfa two step DH bike) i could contact my buddy Dave Davies.

As for other area attractions mammoth cave is pretty cool. If you go there do the wildcave tour. Its like 6 hours long and you get to go to the natural parts of the cave. Lots of crawling and climbing. You should check out Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge state park as well. Very cool place.:)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by Booker
The skate park in Louisville is f'in huge. As long as its not pouring rain there are always some bad-ass local bmx dudes ripping the place up. Most days there are usually some awesome bro/pro riders. **A shameless local plug** - if you are interested in shooting a local mountain biker who rips at the skate park on his hardtail and dh bike (like bunny hop to manual to 180 off a picknik table on a balfa two step DH bike) i could contact my buddy Dave Davies.

As for other area attractions mammoth cave is pretty cool. If you go there do the wildcave tour. Its like 6 hours long and you get to go to the natural parts of the cave. Lots of crawling and climbing. You should check out Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge state park as well. Very cool place.:)
Contact your friend, I should be through Thursday night to Friday morning. Drop me an email I would definitely be interested in meeting up.

josh@motionboy.com

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I posted this the last time someone was driving cross sountry.

I seen it, its real! The place even has a 5 legged cow. Its in Western Kansas along I-70. The place is pathetic. The admissions fee is like paying to see a train wreck. When I was there they had a rattlesnake cage. Of the 50 or so snakes in it, I think 3 were alive. Yes it smelled.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by Matt D
I suggest heading North and spend time in Montana. Bozeman has awesome XC riding and you can DH at Big Sky. Then head through Yellowstone on your way down to CO.

Harrisonburg VA has some great riding as well.
He had knee surgery recently.

Does that mean no riding? How is your knee doing?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by Repack
He had knee surgery recently.

Does that mean no riding? How is your knee doing?
Yeah, no riding for me. I am doing well though. I should post a shot of the scars for you guys.

Soon I will be riding the road bike... For now I ride the trainer in the morning and I do the old neighborhood ride in the evening :)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by stosh
I love this country sometimes....
Why, because you can drive across and see all this stuff or because all these people are willing to help you out and point you in the right direction. Either way, I agree!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Why, because you can drive across and see all this stuff or because all these people are willing to help you out and point you in the right direction. Either way, I agree!

The answer to your question is YES all of the above.