Quantcast

Driving

Jekyll800

Chimp
Jan 12, 2002
Connecticut
Being around the age of acquiring a licence I have been putting miles in my pimp daddy wagon 1998 ford f150. My current guardian, being my mother, constantly has to stop me from leaning into turns, leaning back on downhills, leaning up on uphills, pulling on the steering wheel on speed bumps and flipping off truckers.

Does anyone else have any bad habits in cars derived from bikes?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
The Kadvang said:
Hahah yeah sliding out around corners... and driving way too fast.
What's even funner is doing it with a combo of clutch/gas and no brake since your (meaning me) blazer doesn't have a handbrake handy for a hand. :D

Oh yeah, driving fast is fun too Kadvang. :D Especially on dirt roads, but its scary on blind corners when a car comes blasting around the other way and you have to slam the brakes and try and pay attention to not locking them since you have no ABS. That's scary. :p

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
One time I was playing one of those mountain bike games at an arcade, the kind you have to pedal, and when I came to a steep downhill section I got way off the back of the bike, ass over where the rear wheel is supposed to be. It was kind of embarassing. :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I like to brake at the last second and it annoys my passengers. I think that it is derived from mnt biking, and the fact that there is nothing more comforting that the smell of pads.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
bluebug32 said:
sometimes when I'm driving home from a ride and still in my bike shoes, I'll find myself trying to clip out of my car pedals
well, im guilty of this one.

how about vice versa? ever thought that you should have had a seatbelt on while riding your bike?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
My first car had a musical horn. So as I got more experienced with driving, I got pretty good at placing the musical horn on top of my car police siren style, while programming in the next song, be it some college fight song, or The Carpenters or whatever, while steering with my knees.

It got even more awesome when my friend hooked up a Casio Rap Man, keyboard to the horn..

Needless to say, I got no chicks in high school.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Ciaran said:
I'm a freedriver. I huck to flat in my car.
Hahahaha, E-Braking in the snow is fun and easy. Or you can just punch it around corners and get the back end to slide out. That is fun in an AWD car.