Quantcast

dt 5.1d rims - feedback?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by bicyclist
I've had my Singletracks for like a year, built with 15/16g spokes and alloy nipples, with hardly any truing/tensioning, and they're fine.
well i must have had a bad set or something cause my singletracks lasted me about 2 weeks (front and rear), and that is two rides for me.

Jan 2, 2005
Another thing to consider is that a narrow rim gives the tire a differnt profile to a wider rim. This must have an affect on grip.

Like does a wider rim suit people who like to drift turns, or is a narrow rim better?

Also what spokes would you recomend, im thinking DT revolutions at the moment.

Thanks for your help

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
is the flex noticeable? i got a friend who is on sapims on the rear wheel and he doesn't feel any difference.

and sapims are lighter, that means lower cross sectional area. there is no other way to save weight. so in theory they should be flexier... unless they are made from a material that is far superior from the stuff that dt use.

aoe

Chimp
Oct 21, 2001
I can't say i'm very familiar with the 6.1d but they look solid for the weight. 595g. I would seriously look into the Alex Supra D though. I've had them on 2 bikes now and they have an amazing strength-weight ratio. 580g, and they hold up. I've put smallflatspots in them but never anything more. When you get under 600g for a dh rim you are flirting with disaster. But I can recommend them and I've tried everything under the sun...Arroq DHX, azonic outlaws, doubletracks, rhyno lites, etc.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like my flexy DT comps. 15/16g. They're elastic, that's why I think my undertensioned 32h singletracks have lasted so long.