Quantcast

Dt Swiss 340 Rear Hub

spalm12

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
Has anyone had experience with a rear DT Swiss 340 hub? Any feed back? If being used for an aggressive trail/all mountain bike is it worth it to go up to the 440 hub? I know that both hubs use the star ratchet system, which seems cool. Any feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am not sure why an overbuilt freehub body is critical for dh applications. I think XC guys probably put more power and abuse a rear hub than a freerider.

I use a 240 for my trail bike, btw.

spalm12

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
You make a good point. But in general, does the star ratchet system work well? From what i've briefly seen/read they seem nice and noisey:brows:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Knowing how cheapo hubs work, with tiny springs and pawls (picture is of a better Ringle hub, many hubs just have 2 pawls), DT's star ratchet system has better engagement and fewer smaller parts as well. I have used 240's and Chris King's hubs, and they work great.

ace1028

Chimp
May 7, 2006
super awsome, have 5 dh bikes. and only one wheel with a 440, and it is the best, worrieless work forever, land drops on your hub never break system and the best inventment you can put into your bike after flat petals and a 888.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Yeah bro. You can't go wrong a with a 340. I have couple of the 350 hubs. Same only some Asian bits. I have had a couple skips, but it seems they don't do that much anymore. Very simple mechanism. And if ever jam the chain behind the cogs you can pop the free hub off the hub by hand.