Quantcast

Dual rings with Bash? Lost chain anyone ?

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I'M RUNNING AN EVIL SRS on my Yeti ASX..

Wondering if anyone loses thier chain using a front derailer+dual rings+bash guard ? Might also use a lower MRP pulley...

Oct 24, 2006
My bikes been competely fine on the few times I've ridden it. I think it works pretty well, I know others who have had it set up this way for a while and have been fine.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i used to throw chains all the time, so i just got an e13 drs on my asx, it works wonders. some people don't think it makes a difference, but for me it has been significant, as the bike runs quieter now and i haven't lost a chain since i put it on.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
DRS, and MRP LRP's rock. I picked the LRP since it was lighter and very simplistic. Works like a charm and no chain drops.

wICK

Chimp
Mar 25, 2007
i ran 2 rings up front on my Coiler whit e13 chain guide all last season and never had anything happend , absolutly no issues apart that transparent bashguard getting pretty dirty and being hard to clean.

i just bought my new ride ( Reing X1 ) and i'm gonna run the same setup ( this time i got the black bashguard )

i dont know about other products but the e13 double ring chainguide works great.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
my bottlerocket was set up with 2+bash for a long time with no guide with almost no chain drops (sure, you get one once in a long while).

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
My AS-X is currently running 22-32-BG. I've only dropped a chain once. Skid Marks trail at Mammoth. Only trail I've ridden recently with a enough speed and enough rocks to toss the chain when I started to pedal.

That being said I have a DRS sitting in the box I'll be installing this weekend for extra protection.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I've just been using a simple 2x9 setup with a bashguard. The only time I ever threw a chain was when I broke my front shifter with my knee. Right now I am just running the 22 and 32 up front (no FD) as I am waiting to install a chain guide, or just go back to the old setup. (I'm still not throwing any chains.)

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Just converted it with a new XT front derailer,MRP 1/2 part of a boomerang.
Works great on the street.I don't think the chain is going anywhere.
Thanks for the info ..
Having the 22T,& the 36T is just glorious!

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Just converted it with a new XT front derailer,MRP 1/2 part of a boomerang.
Works great on the street.I don't think the chain is going anywhere.
Thanks for the info ..
Having the 22T,& the 36T is just glorious!

How well does the XT FD work? What kind of 36 ring are you using?

At the moment I have a 22/32 but am scared a 22/36 won't shift that well.

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
XT front derailer works great..!
The 42T bash with the 36T ring keeps the chain in there even better probably.

It's a singlespeed 36T of some sort ? It shift's fine for a singlespeed ring..QBP i think.22T-36T ring combo works fine,you should do it..!
I won't shift it back & forth alot anyway's. Just use 22T for the long climbs up. I don't have the luxury of a shuttle .