Quantcast

Dual-Slalom clinic and track session, Saturday, June 7th

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
next time you're in Asheville, you really need to let me know so I can show you where you MUST RIDE! :lighten:
I ended up hanging out in Brevard all weekend. We did not make it to Asheville until Sunday evening. We stopped at Asheville pizza on the way out of town to grab a bite to eat... But sure, I'll let you know next time I come up.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Last night I managed to get all the images processed and compressed for the web, but I never made it back to the computer to upload them to a gallery...
:poster_oops:

I'll get the gallery put together this evening after i get home from the day job.

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Very nice J- Boooooogie!!!!! Lets see more & how about a little video?:cheers: Can't wait until next time we go, that place is soooo much fun and fast as hell!!!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
GO THERE AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I got to check this place out today after work.
And all I can say is it is proper.
If you live within driving distance of Brevard, go ride here.
If slalom is normally not your thing, go anyway.
You can ride this whole course without your wheels even leaving the ground, and it is just as fast. It is full of steep downhill berms that are awesome.
The slalom suits all levels of riders as it is easy to cruise down but tough to ride fast. I just got my hardtail built, picked it up and headed out there.
On the way, I realized that I have ridden a hardtail in 7 years.:shocked:
And on my first run, my old ass front brake blew out. So the rest of my runs were rear brake only and I was trying to brake in a new rear rotor.:crazy:
Needless to say, it was a shart festival, skidding my back wheel through the berms, and having to change lanes to keep from crashing.
Speaking of sharting, we then walked the newly completed DH course.
It is loamy, goofy steep, tight and alot of off camber.
STFD kind of steep.
It has a sweet Snowshoe style hip jump, and a stepdown into some tight trees.
Its about 1:30 to a 2 minute run, and it is all action.
As of right now, the DH is push up only until they get the shuttle road figured out, but it is worth it.
It should be a good place for hot summer riding as well, because the slalom and Dh is straight up in the woods.
And Chris told me that he is putting in a pump track this week.
Anyway, I just wanted to get some of the details out.
Its cool as hell that this area is having so many riding areas popping up.
Ride on.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I can't wait to race at Brevard in the fall. It's going to be a great addition to the other races in the Seccc. Post up if you're going to go to the DS course over the next couple of weeks, I really wanna go ride it but would rather be there with good company.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I went here on sunday as well. Can't wait to go back and shralp more steep switchback berms. I need to get out there with some people so I can do some side-by-side practice. That DH track and hip are money too...just my style.