Quantcast

Dual Slalom Fork

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
rockshox argyle, 36 talas (in 100mm), marz 4x, pike, nothing that starts with man and ends with poo

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
100 bucks for the pyslo. it only has about 15 days of riding on it and it treated me really well but i just signed with marz. so i'm gonna be running the 4x for 08

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I got a dual air pike 426 (non u-turn). With the dual air, you lower it with all travel spacers, so you get more adjustment than the air u-turn (110-140mm). I'm going to try it at 90mm first.

Wheel world has them for $350.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
If it's used strictly for DS go with something QR...they're lighter. the fox vanilla rlc is perfect for DS.
Mainly DS, some trail rides. Also the first "DH" Race for Mt Hood Ski Bowl in OR. Its usually on a single track trail, still usually to much snow on the main DH course. So I was hoping to go 20mm thru. I have about 4 wheels sets. If I got QR I'd have to buy another front or 3. I'm thinking of that Marz. 4X also.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
I've never owned a fox fork w/ lockout, so not sure if it works like Pike w/ motion control. I have a Pike on my sx, and I wouldn't want to race 4x/ ds or dj without some type of damping lockout w/ adjustable blowoff. The Pike works great as a trail fork, too, altho I think it could be a bit more plush. I might be (at 185) a touch light for the firm spring.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's why I got the air. On my hardtail, I don't need a really plush fork and it's easier and cheaper to stiffen than buying a new spring.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
The 36 Talas would be ideal, especially at your weight. I have an '05 SX, and ride mostly XC and dirt jumps with a 32mm Talas R. It's good, but 6" feels way better on fast, rocky descents. For slalom, 4x, and jumping, the 36 at the 4" mode will work really well, and for bombing hills the longer travel will be nice. I'm only 160lbs, and the 32mm Talas is indeed a bit flexy.