Quantcast

Dual suspension dirt jumpers...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I've been wondering about this and just thought I would throw up a post.

First of all, at a lot of slope style events I have noticed people running dualies. What frames hold up for applications like 360's and tailwhips. I just see AL frames not liking those kinds of loads. Transition seems to have a few frames that are a bit more burly, anyone else?

Also, some of the bikes are set up for SS. I would assume with a chainguide you could probably lock things down comfortably but there still typically is a fair amount of chain slack created during compression (depending on the models).

Finally, are long cables how barspins and whips are possible. I saw the post about hydro detanglers, and I know some people use gyros, but I can't imagine with gears how you could avoid miss shifts.

Anyway, if any of you have pics to back this stuff up I'd love to see them stills.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
ok, i have a kona cowan DS. its concentric so it can be used singlespeed with no chain growth. i highly reccomend. it is nice and burly. its also for sale bit ,most companys have some sort of squish dirt jumper

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I can ride my double through any line i can ride my hardtail through. It is a sick full sus dirt jumper!
I run it single speed as well.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
So who makes the double? And what about the cable situation? And more pics? I'm not really personally looking to get one, just intrigued about the topic. I like my hardtails.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Do you having pricing yet on those Brad? I'm going to have to find some way to swing my eastcost legs over that.
Right now were offering frame , 55tst2 forks ,Roco TST coil or TSTair, Nem-Pro stem and bar and FLy headset for $2500
OR
Frame and roco coil TST $1800
Frme and Roco air $1850

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Right now were offering frame , 55tst2 forks ,Roco TST coil or TSTair, Nem-Pro stem and bar and FLy headset for $2500
OR
Frame and roco coil TST $1800
Frme and Roco air $1850
Dang, you should rename it the eleventybilliondollar agent ;):twitch:

So hot though. Do you have a pic of the completely polished one that I saw floating 'round the net?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Dang, you should rename it the eleventybilliondollar agent ;):twitch:

So hot though. Do you have a pic of the completely polished one that I saw floating 'round the net?
Price really isnt that high when you add up alll the parts that come witht he frame kit, heck just the frame alone of -4200 less than the comprable Ventana witht he same rear end and shok .

I try to keep the priceing pretty fair.

no one needs a million doller slope style bike :disgust1:

I think you can find pic's of WCH all polished bike in the Ridemonkey Gallery

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I was just pokin your kidneys a bit bro. The frame is undoubtedly worth it. Dead sexy too.
Thanks man , I must still have been asleep sacasim jsut wasent making sense to me this moring ,with this new colaberation I'm working on right now I havent been getting much shut eye.
I'm going to be soo happy on the 29th of this month once this bikes done . Look for pic's on our blog

OH ?
Is the BAs and the Cowen the same bike ..?:imstupid:
J/K LOL

Aug 13, 2007
nh
with a couple of changes you could also do a santa cruz blur4x.also a yeti 4x which i know is pretty sweet for the cash.also ive ridden with dave smutokand know that he rides a ironhorse mk3 team on occasion and does some dj with it so that is also another possibility.