Quantcast

Dual Sussy SS bikes

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
.....I don't get it.....
Are you trolling?
These bikes are for jumping, not XC. You don't need gears on a slopestyle course or dirt jumps. My ride is posted above, which i use for dh. I never miss having gears. Totally unnecessary on a gravity bike.

...the killswitch looks so much more beef than the Pink.
Steel tubes don't need to be as large as aluminum ones, steel is a denser, stronger material. It also has a superior fatigue life. It will bend in some situations where aluminum will crack. This is an important feature in a bike intended for abuse.

you guys are forgetting what i think is the first? concentric bb bike: cove g spot
Good call, I did forget that one, but I think this was earlier.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
Am I the only one that remembers that WhoRyder had a Le Pink?
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221778
And then he said:
"Okay, i confess, i'm the New PRO Rider for Do*Ber*Mann, they were so stoked on how much i SUCKED at riding that they gave me a sponsorship... fox shox is soon to follow......

Yeah.... "

What I never got was that if he was a "PRO rider" for Dobermann, why got all those other hardtails....

Whatever though. Continue on continuing on there WhoRyder.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Am I the only one that remembers that WhoRyder had a Le Pink?
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221778
And then he said:
"Okay, i confess, i'm the New PRO Rider for Do*Ber*Mann, they were so stoked on how much i SUCKED at riding that they gave me a sponsorship... fox shox is soon to follow......

Yeah.... "

What I never got was that if he was a "PRO rider" for Dobermann, why got all those other hardtails....

Whatever though. Continue on continuing on there WhoRyder.
Dude he's a photographer... the PRO rider comment was tongue in cheek, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

NSBikesRider

Chimp
Mar 3, 2010
Nottingham
just trying to say i think its a bit of a waste, why pay for a bike thats more money, that has full suspension, and sure these bikes look nice, but half of them are set up for street, and i think that a street 24" bike, eg NS majesty, Holy or anything else, is just simpler, and i think the suspension takes half the edge out of the pedalling, and plus i think the shock of landing on a ridgid bike is soo much nicer.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
im sure they've done a lot to limit all the bounce when you're pedaling, and these are gravity bikes how much are you really pedaling at your trails? for street it does seem kinda weird having a fully but im sure its plenty fun

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so...has anybody spent any time on the dartmoor or kona cowan/bass? I'm thinking about picking something like this up as a cheapo kickaround bike for funs and low funds.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
did you like your killswitch? how did you like one and not the other?
The Bass is a mess, its either the tinyest top tube with mediocre standover or a normal top tube with huge standover, the rear shock is basically useless, just bottoms out, bad geo, kinda long stays (or at least felt it)

I hated it, and i owned it for a while.

The killswitch was a double edge sword, it was everything good about a DJ bike, but the fitments off. a 23" killswitch is enormous, 2 inches bigger than a 22.5 MOB. The killswitch has to be bought small, i didnt mind mine, and i liked it a good amount except the sizing, the reason i ended up getting a SX over it on round 2, was because it has a real bad "bucking" problem, because of it being concentric with their hammer link, it pitches you forward very aggressively on dirt jumps, especially if you bronco. I grew into it, but it always seemed to bite me every once and a while. I still recommend it, but you have to be very careful with it.Its a finicky design.When i called black market i got an answer like that basically said this is how we do it get used to it. Not very helpful-nor the first time i got bad CS from them.

I am nearly 6 feet, and its still super long
189848_1312281250571_1336831012_31197051_5907417_n.jpg

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I rode a KillSwitch a couple of times. A friend has one, but the guy is like 6'10, so he's riding the 23" size, and he threw a 60mm stem in to make it worse. I'm 6 ft. and couldn't get the bike to maneuver in the air at all, although the rear suspension felt really good. It doesn't suck your impulse when bunnyhopping, and it really makes the landing softer. I could almost say I felt the bike rode like a rigid, with the rear sus just kicking in when you needed it.

On the other hand, I rode the Dartmoor this past weekend. It certainly felt WAY lighter (especially when compared to my gigantic friend's KS), but it didn't really pedal well, and the suspension made the bike felt sort of like an accordion. I think Pablo Tafoya got it right when he designed the Hammer Link for the Killswitch.

If you ask me, I'd totally go for the KillSwitch...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
^ just about nothing, technically the DS bike are lower and slacker, but its pretty marginal, the SX for example is what spesh uses for both.

addomg

Chimp
Apr 29, 2010
texas
so...has anybody spent any time on the dartmoor or kona cowan/bass?
I have been riding the cowan below for about three and a half years. It was a bling build all around play bike. I have loved it. I wouldn't say it kicks ass at any one thing, but does alot of stuff good enough to have a ton of fun. I am old so wanted some forgiving squish instead of a hard tail. I use it mostly for dj and freeride with some random xc, urban, pump tracks, beer runs, and dh thrown in. It rails turns and is very stable/ predictable in the air and provides a little cushion when i go long or come up short. The only issue i have had is finally blew out the cartridge in the marz 4x and now have a dj1 on it. Threw in some of my favorite action shots on her, lotsa a good times!