Quantcast

Duarl ring chainguide with etype fd?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Anyone know what what chainguide will work with an etype fd? Or do I just need to buy any old one and do some big time grinding?
________
Magic

Last edited:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
E13 makes a DRS that works specifically with the E type Front Derailler. I've installed them before and they work quite well.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
the drs works even with the back plate behind the fd? weird, i wouldve thought that would screw up the alginment. I'll give it a shot...
________
IPAD GUIDES

Last edited:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
gemini2k said:
the drs works even with the back plate behind the fd? weird, i wouldve thought that would screw up the alginment. I'll give it a shot...
Hold up dude. There is a DRS boomerang SPECIFIC to the E type derailler. The FD bolts onto the boomerang instead of it usual mount. A normal DRS won't work, make sure you order the right part

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Zark said:
Hold up dude. There is a DRS boomerang SPECIFIC to the E type derailler. The FD bolts onto the boomerang instead of it usual mount. A normal DRS won't work, make sure you order the right part
Exactly. And unless you have ISCG, when you smack your plate and move the guide, your front der will move too if you go with the e-type. That will screw up your front der placement and cable tension.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Woah, I didn't think of that OG. Good tip!

On the one I installed (big hit) I ran a bolt to the E-type mount on the frame, which should prevent rotation problems.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Evil has a E-type replacement back plate for use with their DRS system, but I believe it is only for the Gemini.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Zark said:
Woah, I didn't think of that OG. Good tip!

On the one I installed (big hit) I ran a bolt to the E-type mount on the frame, which should prevent rotation problems.
Yeah I didn't think of it either until I set mine up that way, then couldn't figure out why my front der stopped working right after a couple of technical rides... :D Unless you need the e-type or have iscg tabes, I think a regular front der is a better call.