Quantcast

Ducati releases the Desmosedici RR

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Tattooo said:
If I was going to flip anything, it would be a Volvo. I've done the barrel roll in a Tahoe, a CJ and an old 911, and I have to say, none of them were that much fun in an inverted cluster screw manuver.

Then again, maybe I should stop taking plays from her particular hymnial on the universe.
Her galaxy is on a different plane from the rest of ours duder.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Not to hyjack this too much, but any idea what she is doing these days?

And how comes the search for the Dainese stuff?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
You are not helping my burning desire to get a Monster 695.
I need to look at my compound fracture scars from my last street bike, that always puts out the flames.:)
i know a couple of serious bike riders who go over there around midnight, sit on a tailgate and sweep every corner, takes a few hrs.
then they rip it up in the wee morning hrs. before dawn. they say it's safer at night because you can see headlights from oncoming traffic. (if any) making it safer to dive into those blind turns.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
In all the years of knowing Missy, I do not remember her ever owning/riding a street bike.
She is living in Laguna currently and going through a tough time with a recent death in her family.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
We used to do that same thing in South Carolina with riding full out in the wee hours. We'd only do it during the week though, too high an incidence of a DUI coming too close on the weekend mornings.

Not the most responsible or socially acceptable thing I've ever done, but man if it wasn't a joy to leave big black ribbons around the city. Usually only good for maybe three laps, but those did make for fun mornings.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Tattooo said:
Honestly some of the best race prep and practice I have ever had for DH was riding my street bike. Teaches you really how to corner, how to counter steer, how to keep something that big on two wheels.

Yea, it might have an engine, but take a 400 pound, 135bhp bike down a paved set of switch backs, and all of the sudden you're a better DH rider. Ask Missy Giove, she swore by that system.
i have heard that MX is one of the most physically demanding sports. it supposedly ranks up there with water polo and soccer.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
mandown said:
i have heard that MX is one of the most physically demanding sports. it supposedly ranks up there with water polo and soccer.
I have not got more ruined than when I ride MX, its the complete body destruction. Never rode street bikes though, so maybe its harder on the body-doubt it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
MX really is tantamount to running a marathon.

Street bikes are more controled pain then MX. Its about enduring heat mostly.

Sep 10, 2001
Wow... Serious drool factor there.... Personal, the new Triumph 675 has been high on the list on fantasy bikes for me as of late... Or a MV Agusta 1000 F4...

Brian

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
The Ducati Seattle is just down the road from my place; I pass it every time I go downtown or to I-5. I never tire of looking at Ducatis :drool:

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
binary visions said:
200 horsepower... and how much does it weigh?
Heh, my dad just bought a stock Kawasaki ZX-14. 198 horsepower (150kW), 210ish kilograms (460lbs), standing quarter in 9.4 seconds (stock, including tyres), 100Nm of torque at 2000rpm (it revs to 11,000 and it only goes up from there!). And I'm pretty sure it was only about 1/5th the price of that Duke.

I reckon it's sick that people will actually make stuff like this. Puts a bit of faith back into the notion that not EVERYONE is a super-tightarse safety freak.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Transcend said:
This is a little bit more in my budget, also a mid season 07 release. Now this is some sick retro styling. 70s ahoy!

Cafe bikes are cool....

I wouldn't mind havining this....

and stripping it down a little more to look like this..