Quantcast

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Stops your shorts getting caught when you're doing sick whips.... apparently....
Thats what they want you to think, apparently it makes you ride like a out of control lunatic that doesnt crash. In all seriousness, i guess i can see it, seems like a stretch, but what do i know

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
it stops you short catching on the top of your forks which is not pretty. If i remember correctly Bryceland broke his collar bone after he got his caught while doing a bit of whippage on aline. I ended up splattered across a roundabout when it happened to me

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I need something to stop my shorts from getting caught on my shifter. I went completely over the bars and ate Sh!t at the US Open when I stood up to sprint and snagged my shorts on the trigger.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Some other good FB headcams are Matti's, from that year he spazzed himself on the metal bridge thing, proper brutal as it points down. And Greg Minaars commentary one for showing just how pathetic us mere mortals are, even more so if you know the pain of riding the place!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fear of spandex leads to drastic measures.
I think you are right! UCI should do something for the safety of the riders and issue a clothing rule that ONLY allows skinsuits from now on! ;) :rofl:

Awesome vid BTW!

Last edited:

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
I need something to stop my shorts from getting caught on my shifter. I went completely over the bars and ate Sh!t at the US Open when I stood up to sprint and snagged my shorts on the trigger.
Yup - 4" of metal rod in my forearm and 8 screws (6 + 2 holding my wrist together) from a simple horts on shifter incident.

Now i ride in Moto pants for DH.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
man. too bad his bike has such a steep headangle. imagine how much faster he would be on a bike with the proper geo. ;)
Exactly. I'd love to see him on a proper DH bike soon. Too much talent to be battling against that piece of ****.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
very true, but I would love to. Danny is fast but I would love to see a helmet cam from Peaty, Hill, Gee or Minnar

If you could visually see an 8 second difference over a four and half minute course I'd be surprised.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Not that i disagree, but didnt hart get 5th this year? I would imagine he is 1 of the faster guys on that course
I saw the Minnaar helmet cam on the same track. Maybe he saves it for the race run. Or he is much smoother. But not as entertaining as Hart's cam, who seems to be much faster and on the edge.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Some people around here use electrical tape for the shifter paddle to the bars. I have had some close calls with the shifter in the shorts on a whip 2 times. The worst is a handle bar getting stuck in a T-shirt or jacket when tabling and you can't get the bike upright again.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
The scary thing is he takes 5min30 in that video. Winning time on the day was Kovarik at 5min02, so approximately 10% quicker again!

Best run I managed all weekend was 5:50, and didn't get close to that in my race run due to crashing out. This year I'll do better hopefully. Epic track, so much fun.

Oh and I've done the tape thing before. My royal shorts are fine, but without it my fox shorts snag all the time when I'm out of the saddle cranking along the flat/uphills.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If i'm not mistaken, Peaty and Rennie back in 2007 Worlds, FT. William had a similar set-up. Except they used a Tube instead of the duct tape.

And people make fun of me for running grip shift on my dh bike. :rofl: