Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
mack said:
shoulda been wearing a full face.

"oh my god"

"dude you ok?"

"oooohhhhh........ fudge"
i find the expression 'should of' to be one of the worst thing you can say or think. i mean id be enraged if some one siad that to me after a fall. its just never appropriate.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
HTFR said:
i find the expression 'should of' to be one of the worst thing you can say or think. i mean id be enraged if some one siad that to me after a fall. its just never appropriate.
I'd tell you to wear a helmet the entire ride. After every stunt, dude you should be wearing a helmet. When you crash I would say....dude, you should have been wearing a fvcking helmet!!!!

And the wall guy....wow. :nopity:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Whammo! Man that really was brutal! :stupid:
Shoulda been wearing a full face.
Not that kinda tranny, BS. :nope:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
Not that kinda tranny, BS. :nope:
I get freaked out on the Jeep board i post on too because people post stuff like "My tranny's got issues" or "My tranny's gone bad" and crap like that all the time. People just need to quit using "tranny".

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
ncrider said:
Oh and here is the vidoe of it all.

www.msu.edu/~smith469/paul_break_jaw.mpg

This is why I wear a full face even on xc rides
That guy's poor judgment doesn't validate wearing a full-face on XC rides. Obviously DH is another story but for XC a full-face is a calculated risk I'm pretty comfortable taking.

Oh, yeah...HOLY FAWKING CRAP THAT'S GOTTA SMART!

"gurgle, gurgle, drip, drip. Blude, I flink I blope my baw."

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
HTFR said:
:rolleyes:

Had a dude here in town... use to trailride w/ no helmet. Fell 1 day onto a sharp rock... split open his head and had like 16 staples or something. First thing everyone said to him, "how did you get that through your helmet". Everyone gave him such a hard time that next time I saw him on the trails, he had a nice new shiny helmet.

BTW, OUCH!!!!!

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
BurlyShirley said:
I get freaked out on the Jeep board i post on too because people post stuff like "My tranny's got issues" or "My tranny's gone bad" and crap like that all the time. People just need to quit using "tranny".
you just need to stop thinking about transexuals for 30 seconds.

tranny to me means a steep slope, i guess ive just never came home with something errr extra.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
HTFR said:
I find the expression 'should of' to be one of the worst things you can say or think as well. Mostly because it makes no sense.

However, the expression 'should have' is perfectly acceptable... And yes, he should have been wearing a helmet.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
God damn that looks painful. :dead: Nothing like having blood streaming off your face after a crash.

Yeah, he should have been wearing a helmet, but I don't think a BMX or XC helmet would have prevented his face from getting smashed.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i feel like i am going to pay a serious amount of karma points just for viewing that video. uhm.....he certainly missed the wall.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dh girlie said:
What about shoulda?
"Shoulda" is a slang abbreviation for "should have", not "should of" - I'm sure an English professor will give you a hard time for it but I wasn't picking on slang usage :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
binary visions said:
I find the expression 'should of' to be one of the worst things you can say or think as well. Mostly because it makes no sense.

However, the expression 'should have' is perfectly acceptable... And yes, he should have been wearing a helmet.
That's why.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
HTFR said:
Keep your helmet on and no one will say that.