The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
captainpolution said:
dooooooooooooooooooddddddddd

rebound is the one in the middle the preload is blackie around it

if you aint got 2 of dem you must ev getten jacked

Um...My super T is different from yours. Mine has black lowers

Mine is a pro, I do believe, What is yours?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Okie dokie. I feel like a complete retard already, So what the ****, right?

The Left side, I have a blue knob with a screw thing in the middle, And the right side has a Black knob, with a screw thing in the middle of it.

I played with them a bit And it seems that each screw thingy (I kick ass at technical terms) Is rebound on each side, (which kinda doesnt make sense)
And the knobs on the outside are for Preload.

Does anyone that actually knows what they are talking about have a say?
Think is my fork BTW

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The preload knobs are the knobs that are big and round with flats cut into each side.

The rebound knobs are the little screws poking out of the middle of the adjustment knobs with a slot for a flathead screwdriver.

You can see how many you have of each :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
binary visions said:
The preload knobs are the knobs that are big and round with flats cut into each side.

The rebound knobs are the little screws poking out of the middle of the adjustment knobs with a slot for a flathead screwdriver.

No no no.

The rebound is the 4mm allen screws on the bottom of the qr20. The preload is the 5mm allen in the middle of the steerer tube. Back them all the way out and go for a ride. Then adjust accordingly.

.......what BV said.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
binary visions said:

That's what I thought.

Why Is there a rebound adjustment on both sides? Seems kinda odd...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
They removed one side for '04 and newer forks. They realised it didn't really make sense to have duplicate cartidges. From what I understand though you can get a compression cartridge for one of the legs from Marzocchi which would be nice. What you should do is find someone with a Jr.T and swap them one of your HSCV cart's for one of the SSVF cart's and then have them give you some money.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
punkassean said:
They removed one side for '04 and newer forks. They realised it didn't really make sense to have duplicate cartidges. From what I understand though you can get a compression cartridge for one of the legs from Marzocchi which would be nice. What you should do is find someone with a Jr.T and swap them one of your HSCV cart's for one of the SSVF cart's and then have them give you some money.

Mmm....Compression....:drool:

That would make my fork a super 888 or an 888t

YAY!

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
binary visions said:

pretty much what i said

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
captainpolution said:
pretty much what i said
A) Nobody understands what you say, since your posts are so incoherent

B) You're so full of misinformation (I'm not sure I can count the number of posts in these tech and mechanics forums that I've corrected), I'd be mildly suprised if anyone took you seriously anymore.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
chicodude said:
Mmm....Compression....:drool:

That would make my fork a super 888 or an 888t

YAY!
The 888s have ending stroke compression damping which is not what the cartridges you can get for your fork do........I'm pretty sure.

I think it's just a compression damper that affects the entire stroke. Maybe sean can correct me on that.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
kidwoo said:
The 888s have ending stroke compression damping which is not what the cartridges you can get for your fork do........I'm pretty sure.

I think it's just a compression damper that affects the entire stroke. Maybe sean can correct me on that.

Yea, I kinda fiqured it wouldn't be EXACTLY like a 888, But as close as I could afford...

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
binary visions said:
A) Nobody understands what you say, since your posts are so incoherent

B) You're so full of misinformation (I'm not sure I can count the number of posts in these tech and mechanics forums that I've corrected), I'd be mildly suprised if anyone took you seriously anymore.

seriously, it cant be that many because i dont post a lot in here plus maybe i forget a point or two but thats why we have you.

and i could have said "oh wow, the preload is the black knob and the rebound is the screw in the middel of it. you should have one on each side since you have the 03."

but i didnt feel like it

chicodude said:
That's what I thought.

Why Is there a rebound adjustment on both sides? Seems kinda odd...

The reason for the dual rebound cartridges, is so that huckers could over-load the rebound damping, so that when they land a drop all squirly, they wouldn't have the inconvienience, of the rebound shooting back up, and bucking them off the bike! They did the same thing w/the '01/'02 monsters, and I was pi$$ed, when I found-out, I didn't get COMP. on a $1000 fork('02 monster) :angry: