Quantcast

dumbest post ever

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
This is from another forum...
I have a CycleOps indoor trainer but I would also like to measure distance and need my front tire to move as I use the (back wheel) trainer....is there such a thing as a front-wheel-roller? or should I just relocate my wireless computer to the back wheel?
...find all the stupidity you can and the winner gets a case of poptarts.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
golgiaparatus said:
1. Most trainer measure the distance for you. 2. Why cant the dude just move the sensor/magnet to his rear wheel? 3. Front wheel Roller?
Same as above except for #3. Yes they do make a front roller. They are called rollers. I just got a set last night.

J

JRB

By a cateye astrale and never ever post on a bike forum. That is my advice to him. Neat little gadget and for just $20, he gets cadence too. Don't mention cadence though, as it will prompt another stupid thread. Opie, please stop reading that forum. I think it is screwing with your mind holmes.

J

JRB

Haha - better, tape a spoke to your chainstay and count the exact ticks for a mile at 20 miles per hour. Make sure that you maintain the exact ticks per minute so you know how far you have gone. You will need to concentrate, so you may never be able to spend time posting again. :thumb:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco-gringo said:
Opie, please stop reading that forum. I think it is screwing with your mind holmes.
could be, could be.

How long could it possibly take to move the sensors? I mean, it's *wireless*! I'd think he could've done it in the time it took to post his questions.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
could be, could be.

How long could it possibly take to move the sensors? I mean, it's *wireless*! I'd think he could've done it in the time it took to post his questions.

Just use the spoke recommendation. Then PM me for my address to send my pop tarts. :)

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I'm with Echo on this one - he needs to go out and buy one of those Cristini bikes (preferably the jeep branded version) so that he can then just prop his front end up using books beneath his fork dropouts - voila - problem solved. Alternately, he could screw a hook into one of his rafters and suspend the bike from its' stem using a length of rope. :thumb: