Quantcast

Dunlap in Texas!!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Dominant. No other one word can be used to better describe Alison Dunlap (Clif) and her five consecutive U.S. National Cyclo-cross titles. Ecstatic. The word that the Gulf Coast Cycling Club (GCCA) members used when they received confirmation of Alison's scheduled appearance at the GCCA Off-Road Classic on January 19, 2002.

Dunlap's appearance is confirmation of the growing popularity of cyclo-cross in the state of Texas. The race is part of an the Texas Cup series put on by the Texas Bike Racing Association (TXBRA) and will take place in the shadow of Downtown Houston in Eleanor Tinsley park.

Though not known for it's freezing temperatures, Texas has had its fair share of challenging wet and muddy cross events this season. The course is described as a fast with some dismounts and a two steep climbs to keep things interesting. In addition to competing, Dunlap will also be handing out awards to the six to twelve year old participants of the Kids Kup race scheduled for the same day.

The GCCA Off-Road Classic is sponsored by Baylor Sports Medicine Institute and TIRR Rehabilitation Centers. Additional event information can be located at www.gcca.com.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hey thanks Heidi. I actually raced this one last year. Bonked after the second lap, Dnf'ed and hacked for a hour after I stopped. I can actually bike to there from my apt and probably take some pic this year. The course is on my normal training route. its a total bitch. the only climbs in Houston are here because they set the course up along the banks of the Buffalo Bayou, very, very steep.