Quantcast

Durango Dirt Jump Pics

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
those are some sick whips and a very lovely flatty in there. pics 8, 13, 17, 31, 43 are my favorites. and i like the opening shadow shot too.

if that's you in the photos i'm gonna start calling you whipvandine.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
cool tech looking trails

whats the layout? and L?

how do they drain with rain?

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
cool tech looking trails

whats the layout? and L?

how do they drain with rain?
The first straight is a 6 pack. First jump is just a set up. The second comes up really quick and is quite lippy to a real steep landing. Very BMX oriented. Then you gotta pump the crap out of the landing and pop for the next jump. The next one can be a reach but it sets you into a 270 berm wich loops you around and through the gap of the 3rd jump. After that the jumps are much smaller in size and are slightly more techy. A small hip to a small double into two berms separated by a roller and then a small six pack. The whole layout of the jumps so far are pretty cool.

We just built a small pump track as well.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
great looking trails... how's that dirt? do you have water access?

Dirt is primo clay/sandstone in the spring and fall. If they're ridden in while they're moist they'll stay concrete during the dry time in the summer as long as nobody cases the landings. There are a few decent sized doubles, but nothing really huge. A fisheye lens makes a world of difference. Most of the pics are on the third jump (second biggest) which sets you up for the 270 berm. It's a rad, really tight (I'm talking like an 4-5 ft radius), moderately steep berm, and throws you way in the backseat if you really rail it hard. Unfortunately, there's no water, but this time of year we don't need it.

I'm wearing the grey helmet and rocking the silver pedals doing tables, whips and my weak attempts at unturndowns.

Chris Heath is wearing the white helmet with black pedals. Mostly just throwing super clean flow (hard to catch with a camera) and crackin whips.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Dirt i

Chris Heath is wearing the white helmet with black pedals. Mostly just throwing super clean flow (hard to catch with a camera) and crackin whips.

THEN take some video! we love action

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Here's some pics from d-town last saturday.

http://www.jerryaaronhazard.com/dgo/one/#id=289083846

Fun stuff, fun stuff
Nick,

Good photos..and a couple of notes.
1st of all, Refering to Durango to D-town is confusing considering Ted is throwing a jump jam this weekend at Downingtown. You are a PA boy, I expect you to know better. ha ha!
2nd of all - Can 'Wildcat' throw down any tricks or is he just racer boy?
3rd of all - which one is you?
4th of all - which is on Raw Hall?
5th of all - when the hell am I going to visit Durango? Actually... I shouldn't as I would be the 'old man in the club' hanging out with you, Raw and Wildcat.

Michael
e.thirteen / Evil

dablake914

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Burlington, CT
hey man,

I really like the pictures you posted today (11-9) and i was just wondering if you would send me #43/45 so i could make it my desktop wallpaper. if you can thanks alot and shoot me back the picture.

-ty

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
2nd of all - Can 'Wildcat' throw down any tricks or is he just racer boy?
Chris 'Wildcat' Heath isnt much of a trickster. Mostly just the racerboy "steeze". However, I did see him land a couple 3s though on a jump that boosts you out of a gulley. Maybe an X-Up here and there as well

3rd of all - which one is you?
http://www.jerryaaronhazard.com/dgo/one/#id=289083846
http://www.jerryaaronhazard.com/dgo/one/#id=289078861

Like Nick said- wearing the grey helmet and rocking the silver pedals doing tables, whips and his "weak attempts" at unturndowns. All of the photos are either Chris or Nick.

4th of all - which is on Raw Hall?
The one that was stuck working that day :disgust1:

5th of all - when the hell am I going to visit Durango?
You need to get out here again. We should deffinately try to make some plans if they ever decide to have a race here again. The doors are open if you ever just get the itch to make the trip out though.

when the hell am I going to visit Durango? Actually... I shouldn't as I would be the 'old man in the club' hanging out with you, Raw and Wildcat.

Michael
e.thirteen / Evil
Hopefully soon, I'm moving to SLC in a couple of weeks to live in my brothers guest room for some life coaching during the winter and spring. After that I'm gonna try to live on the road. You guys need any help at the e.13 trailer?