Quantcast

Duryea Downhill Race !!!Registration is now open!!!

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Im in the same boat...... the best race of the season, or commencement ball...

:lighten: Ill see everyone at Reading!

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I'm new to downhill (i ride bmx on a 26" and do a little park and dj), downhill bike is on the way, will be here before the race...

BUT, I need to know, how do I get my licensce?!?!? :busted:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
I believe all norba races have to offer licenses for sale at their events (annual or 1 day). However, with large crowds on race day it's always best to get it online beforehand.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Thanks for the help... 1 more question though please... What is the what is the difference between NORBA and UCI? Are they related? Confused... (I'm in the NBL for bmx but thats all)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
UCI is the international cycling federation. Norba is the crappy US MTB federation, now to be called USA Cycling MTB I believe.

To race in the US, you need a norba license. To race internatinoally you need a UCi license (purchased through USA Cycling).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
can a UCI license be used in the US (in lieu of a NORBA)? or is event by event? I've actually been wondering about this
A UCI international license though USAC includes both your domestic and international license. It is only available in certain categories (ie: no international beginner or semi pro) and costs something like $100 more.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Thanks a lot! I went to register for a NORBA licensce on the USA cycling site, and it says "The server did not respond. Please try again."
I tried a couple times... Pretty annoying.

You sure you can get a licensce at Duryea? If you can, that's what I'm doing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm not sure about the licenses, I know all actual race registration is done online (pre-reg). There will be no on site, day of race registration.

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks a lot! I went to register for a NORBA licensce on the USA cycling site, and it says "The server did not respond. Please try again."
I tried a couple times... Pretty annoying.

You sure you can get a licensce at Duryea? If you can, that's what I'm doing.
Yes there will be a "norba" USAC official on site to sign people up for license.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Sorry, I know I asked wayyy to many questions... Hopefully this will be my last 1. I just got on the site... www.bikereg.com

I was registering and came to this: it says

USA Cycling License #[---fill out box---] format '12345 or 'ONE DAY'

What do I do? I want to get the lisence there for NORBA, but I can't fill it out and its a required field for the form.

Or is one day meaning you will get your license there? Please help once again.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
What I mean is... Is 'One Day' just a substitute (on the form) for your license until you get one at Duryea?