Quantcast

Duryea Downhill Registration info and answers

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Hey,

Registration for the Duryea Downhill Race May 5th and 6th will open on April 1, 2007 and close April 30, 2007.

www.bikereg.com will be handling registration for this event.

RACERS MUST REGISTER ON-LINE FOR THIS RACE. We will be capping the amount of riders. We can handle a certain amount of riders. Our goal is to have a smooth and crazy fun weekend.

Race will cost $60.00

Categories will be :

Pro/semi-pro/open
-this race is part of the USA cycling national dh calender. This means Expert racers that want to step up and race in the pro field can for this event.

Expert
Sport
Beginner
age break down will be (14yrs--under)(15yrs--18yrs)(19yrs--29yrs)(30yrs--39yrs)(40yrs--plus)

Women will combine Pro/expert and Sport/Beginner classes.

Pro purse of $2,000.00. Top 10 pro men will get paid and top 3 pro women.
Any ??? please contact us

Thanks

Tony

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Does Open mean you don't have to have a license?
You need a USA cycling license. Open means that if a expert racer wants to try and race for the big cash he can move up for this event.

Racers can get a one day license for this race but one day license limits you to beg/sport class.

All racers will have to show their license and sign a "Norba" wavier at check in. All racers under 18 must have a parent and/or guardian sign the release form.

There will be a USA Cycling official at the event to sign people up for licenses.

any more ??? let us know

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
So, you're not breaking down age categories over 19 for prizes, ect. I assume, but will you be doing this for the GECS classes?

Also, sightly off topic, but anyone know how many races you need to hit in this series to stay in the series overall?

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
So, you're not breaking down age categories over 19 for prizes, ect. I assume, but will you be doing this for the GECS classes?

Also, sightly off topic, but anyone know how many races you need to hit in this series to stay in the series overall?
The GE Series classes will be up to the local promoters. Todd Seplavey will be posting the pnt. ranking system for the series.

We broke down the classes to stay as close to a "NORBA" as we could. 19 plus should make the racing very cpmpetitive. It also makes things very simple on the race weekend.

when we submit the results to USAC they will break down the times and give racers their pnts for the national rankings.

You need to hit 7 races to qualify for overall.

later

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Can I race 15 to 18 x if im 14???
Yes Any racer can move up a class to compete. The sport is all about being competitive.

19 plus class will make it competitive. I know many 35+ racers that are the fastes guys on the mountain at every race. So everyone step up and compete.

Someone told me that the race course does not know how old you are.

19 year old may try to take chances on race day but the veteran racer will not blow up and ruin his run trying something stupid.

This should be a great weekend hope to c-ya all at the races.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Can I race 15 to 18 x if im 14???
If they go by USA Cycling rules, then no. A rule change this year prohibits that:

"1C4.(f) Juniors may compete in any junior age class older than their own in the same ability category, or in U23 or Senior races, but not in masters races. Juniors 14 years and younger who ride with older juniors may enter only sport and beginner categories."

So only sport and beginner if you're 14. To race expert or above, you have to have a USA Cycling license, so it's not all up to the race director's discretion. Although if you turn 15 later this year, you should list your "racing age" as 15 and apply for a jr x license.

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
If they go by USA Cycling rules, then no. A rule change this year prohibits that:

"1C4.(f) Juniors may compete in any junior age class older than their own in the same ability category, or in U23 or Senior races, but not in masters races. Juniors 14 years and younger who ride with older juniors may enter only sport and beginner categories."

So only sport and beginner if you're 14. To race expert or above, you have to have a USA Cycling license, so it's not all up to the race director's discretion. Although if you turn 15 later this year, you should list your "racing age" as 15 and apply for a jr x license.
Neko has a expert license already so he is eligble to move up. Right

crazywolf

Chimp
Jan 19, 2006
wow 40+ beg/sports vs 19 yr olds, talk abount having the odds stacked against you i hope the entire series is not this way. it doesnt seem very competive to me to get beat up or run over by young guys in their prime...you whould think just racing at this age (40+) and doing your best to be competive against your own peers with out getting killed whould be stepping it up enough. dont get me wrong i love the reading races and team and ill be happy to race their i just dont think open class is the way to go for a whole series..

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
the kid is fast enough to race jr x, i'm sure if he talks to norba an exception can be made. if not he's winning 14 and under no questions asked.

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
wow 40+ beg/sports vs 19 yr olds, talk abount having the odds stacked against you i hope the entire series is not this way. it doesnt seem very competive to me to get beat up or run over by young guys in their prime...you whould think just racing at this age (40+) and doing your best to be competive against your own peers with out getting killed whould be stepping it up enough. dont get me wrong i love the reading races and team and ill be happy to race their i just dont think open class is the way to go for a whole series..
Is there a difference between a 19yr and 40 yr sport rider. I don't think so. I think if a racer is an expert and is worried about competeing in a open class than maybe he is not an expert racer. Maybe he needs to evaluate his skill level. Options are dropping down or trying to do his or her best.

If a older racer 35 plus is in this sport to see how many trinkets and powerbars he could win maybe thats the wrong reason. Should a Sport rider stay in the sport class for like 8yrs before trying to move forward.

Maybe the whole categories of classes screw things up like exper,sport,beginner.

Racers might have to suck up their ego's and really think about what class they belong in.
This ??? maybe why Norba or the National series or Local norba races have declined and race series like WV Snowshoe and Diablo have become successful.

Anyway I have been hammered by this question alot lately, just venting.

We are trying something new and all racers times will be broken down and placed in the right categories for national rankings when results are sent in.

So lets get back to the Duryea race we have lots of cool things set. A big time sponsor is going to offer the 3 fastes AM's a sweet prize.

we are still going to make this a laid back fun weekend like all our other events.

c-ya at the race.

mjones51

Chimp
Mar 28, 2007
Mehoopany, PA
I am sorry, I do not like to make waves, but I find the above reply a little disturbing from somone promoting a race. Maybe I havent got a good handle on the racing situation. This will be my second season of racing. I am well over 40 and the best I will ever be is a middle of the pack sport rider. Telling me I am racing for the wrong reason just because I am never planning on becoming a pro or even an expet class racer is disrespectfull. I would also like to gage my performance against my peers. If you want to just cater to the super fast and up and comers, then promote your race that way.
I do not think that the Diablo series and the Snowshoe series flourished because it was an open format. I think it had a lot to do with the prize money. The reason NORBA has failed is because of the lack of that same money.

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
I am sorry, I do not like to make waves, but I find the above reply a little disturbing from somone promoting a race. Maybe I havent got a good handle on the racing situation. This will be my second season of racing. I am well over 40 and the best I will ever be is a middle of the pack sport rider. Telling me I am racing for the wrong reason just because I am never planning on becoming a pro or even an expet class racer is disrespectfull. I would also like to gage my performance against my peers. If you want to just cater to the super fast and up and comers, then promote your race that way.
I do not think that the Diablo series and the Snowshoe series flourished because it was an open format. I think it had a lot to do with the prize money. The reason NORBA has failed is because of the lack of that same money.
we are offering a Pro/semi-pro class as well as expert/sport/beg.

If we were catering to the super fast it would be a pro/am. Rider turn out is what jacks the $$$ up.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Anybody know if all the Gravity series dates and locations are confirmed? I understand that whitetail is out? what about the other locations. I am in the process of trying to make arrangements and getting plane tickets as I will be working away for most of the summer, Again.

Rick

rrdh

Chimp
Feb 27, 2006
Hey,

Spread the word. We are listening to all the feed back about the classes. We always want to make our races the type of events that riders want. So, we are going to change the classes.

expert/sport/beg
age break down will be:
(14-under)(15-18)(19-29)(30-39)(40-plus)

Thanks for all the input and hope to c-ya at the race.

any ??? lets hear them
later

get out and ride

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Hey,

Spread the word. We are listening to all the feed back about the classes. We always want to make our races the type of events that riders want. So, we are going to change the classes.

expert/sport/beg
age break down will be:
(14-under)(15-18)(19-29)(30-39)(40-plus)

Thanks for all the input and hope to c-ya at the race.

any ??? lets hear them
later

get out and ride
I was down two years ago with a few riders from Canada, and we might make the trip again, can we use our UCI lisences here