Quantcast

Duryea Downhill

Nov 17, 2004
Reading Racing presents the third annual Duryea Downhill in Reading Pa,October 1st & 2nd,lots of swag,cash prizes for top three places in each class.check out readingracing.com,or hcor.net for info and updates.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Talked with the guys this past weekend. This year the course is going to be CRAZY!!!!. The big stuff is getting even bigger and a while lot of surprises. some stuff never seen before in a race. Dont fear if you dont like going big, these guys are planning stuff for all levels. You Dont want to miss this one.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Some info for the race, web site will be updated this weekend.

The Reading Racing team is working hard to put together a great riding weekend.

Here is what is going down on Oct 1&2.
Sat Oct. 1st: Registration 8am-4pm
Practice: Is going to be broken up between the AM and Pros.
The reason for this is safety. We do not want people to get jumped on. We had to many close calls last year when some one would go for the big gap and a rider would hit smaller gap. So by splitting the two up riders of equal skill levels can rip the course without distraction.
8:00 am - 10:00 am --AM
10:00 am-12:00pm--PRO
12:00pm-2pm--AM
2:00pm--4:00 pm--PRO

2:30pm KIDS Race ( ages 5-12, no fee)

Sun. OCT 2: Registration: 8am-10am

Practice: 8am-10am--AM
10am-12:00pm--Pro

Race starts at 12:30

Cash prizes in every category!
Tons of Product give-aways!

Racer Entry Fee-$50 (pro/am open format)

info go to: ReadingRacing@hotmail.com or www.readingracing.com
Racersedge will be handling the timing for this event. Mike Hartlove and his grew will have everthing running smoothly.

MDBullit

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
Bethesda, MD
teamkranzelbike said:
Some info for the race, web site will be updated this weekend.

The Reading Racing team is working hard to put together a great riding weekend.

Here is what is going down on Oct 1&2.
Sat Oct. 1st: Registration 8am-4pm
Practice: Is going to be broken up between the AM and Pros.
The reason for this is safety. We do not want people to get jumped on. We had to many close calls last year when some one would go for the big gap and a rider would hit smaller gap. So by splitting the two up riders of equal skill levels can rip the course without distraction.
8:00 am - 10:00 am --AM
10:00 am-12:00pm--PRO
12:00pm-2pm--AM
2:00pm--4:00 pm--PRO

2:30pm KIDS Race ( ages 5-12, no fee)

Sun. OCT 2: Registration: 8am-10am

Practice: 8am-10am--AM
10am-12:00pm--Pro

Race starts at 12:30

Cash prizes in every category!
Tons of Product give-aways!

Racer Entry Fee-$50 (pro/am open format)

info go to: ReadingRacing@hotmail.com or www.readingracing.com
Racersedge will be handling the timing for this event. Mike Hartlove and his grew will have everthing running smoothly.
hey rick -
this is Mo, I think I should be coming to the race if Kirk is going. Do you still have that rear G1 Mag goodridge line? I will probably buy it from you whenever I come to PA next. By the way, I went from the Fly to a Mono and now to a Shockwave 9.5 as my new bike.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
MDBullit said:
hey rick -
this is Mo, I think I should be coming to the race if Kirk is going. Do you still have that rear G1 Mag goodridge line? I will probably buy it from you whenever I come to PA next. By the way, I went from the Fly to a Mono and now to a Shockwave 9.5 as my new bike.
I believe I do, will check later. Hope you make it up it is going to be a fun time. Cant wait to see the new ride. Jim Dellavale let me ride his, and if I wasnt happy with my bike I would consider one. did you sell the mono?

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
SOME MORE UPDATED INFO!!

tonypaj writes:
This years Duryea Downhill race is going to be something special. The course looks great with some really sweet new sections that will put big smiles on all the riders faces.
There has been a few new additions to this years line up. We think you will like them. Here they are.

Saturday night OCT. 1: We reserved table space at the PIKE CAFE from 6:30 pm until closing(www.pikecafe.com). This is one of Readings hottest night spots.

At the PIKE CAFE the MID-ATLANTIC SERIES AWARDS will be handed out. This is big! Mike Hartlove and RacersEdge will be giving the top riders of the series their awards. Congrats!

Also we will be taking over the bars flat screen TV's and will be showing MTB vids all night. So if you got a vid you made or short clips bring it we will get it up on the flat screen.
There will be drink specials all night and the Pike Cafe is a BAR and GRILL so the under 21 guys can hang all night. Directions to the PIKE CAFE will be handed out at race registration.

Oct 1: Registration 8am - 4pm
Practice times 8am - 4pm
times will be split between AM's and PRO 's

Kids race will be at 2:30 Sat Oct 1-- kids must register but there is no fee--all kids entered will have a chance to win a 20in BMX bike. Lets get the little rippers involved. Ages 7-12 years old can enter.

Oct. 2 Race Day
registration will be 8am-10am
pratice will be-- AM's 8am-10am
Pro's 10am-12pm
Race starts at 12:30 pm

Sponsors stepping up big time this year: E-13 components-Michelin-DH Productions-Kranzels Bike Shop-RED BULL- Astrix-Azonic/Oneal-SIC-Deity-Racersedge-JB Mtb bikes-City of Reading PA.

There will be local TV coverage Sat and Sun.

Our new site is up and running.(www.readingracing.com) Hotel and camping links are there, plus directions and contacts.

Do not miss this Race or you will be kicking your self in the ass.

Later
Reading Racing

AND A LITTLE BIT MORE!!!
I just got back 7:30 from working and riding all day on the Duryea Downhill course. I think this is the best course Fred and Dane have come up with. The new sections are so much fun. This course is fast period. The big Airlines jumps are not in yet, they will be built about 2 to 3 days before the event. We are trying to keep them safe from being trashed by the asshole. We did put in the new drop into city park. This drop is sweet. fred,pryde,jon,mattand dane were all going big. Take off to landing was around 30ft this drop has a endless tranny. There was big smiles all around. This was the biggest drop i did all summer because of my ankle injury and i think it is sweet . The section after this is where we are going to have a nice surprise for the riders, something we have been promising that we finally can deliver on.

I think you will see everybody from the team next week at the creek.
later