Quantcast

Dusk til Dirt just went live...

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
10 weekly installments of free content rolling out starting today at Declinemagazine.com, and Littermag.com At the end of 10 weeks, comes the full length DVD, available at Deity.com and The FIX bike shop.
Go check it out fools, and tell me what you think.
Each week a different rider will be profiled, that will be featured in our movie.
First up, is Taylor Sage, and the legendary Hidden Valley trails, that just got plowed flat.:disgust1:

Video Click Here

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
So sweet man.... Nice!

The Stones.. nice song choice. My favorite thing about the clip is seeing the quickness/railing of berms. Jumps are cool but I like to see dudes handle bikes like that.

Props!

Durt

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
Littermag must be crashed from so many DJers going on to check this out. I've tried everything and it keeps saying "No Results for http://www.littermag.com" Weird. Tried this link and link from mtbr. tried to manually type in the address. even went through google and get the same result everytime. Also did not see this posted on Decline. Maybe they just haven't put it up yet. Can't wait to see it.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Nice work. Good song. Rad trail steez. The HD is insane.

I still can't believe how "normal sized" hidden looks in video. Nothing does that place justice. Except for maybe that one pic of Pedro where it looks like he went into orbit.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I still can't believe how "normal sized" hidden looks in video. Nothing does that place justice.
That is not just Hidden, that's how all spots end up on video. Go watch some video of the Elevation jumps, or the Red bull rampage site. Same thing in Skateboarding, and surfing as well. Everything you see on video, your like, $hit, i could hit that. Then you finaly show up to the real deal, and it's 10 times bigger in real life.
I've been traveling and doing this $hit for over a decade now, and i learned my lesson on judging stuff from video.
Ask Timmy about when we first watched the Rampage on vid, and then what happened when we showed up. Same with the Elevation trails, and about a 100 skate spots i traveled to hit, after seeing video of them.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Thanks for sharing the sickness, Zach, seriously. And even with the sick riding, the incredible dirt work, and being surrounded by pals...my greatest respects are to you for being able to keep filming. It's gotta be VERY tough to not just say "**** it", pack up the cam, and go shred. I don't last more than 5-6 minutes with a cam in my hand before I gotta hit something. Of course...we're all hacks, so nothing sick goin on anyway!
Props bro.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
And even with the sick riding, the incredible dirt work, and being surrounded by pals...my greatest respects are to you for being able to keep filming. It's gotta be VERY tough to not just say "**** it", pack up the cam, and go shred. Props bro.
Funny you mention this. It is one of the biggest problems in my life right now. I'm always torn between the camera, and the bike.
I build trails, ride them, film them, edit it. It is so fycking hard to maintain the proper balance between all of them.
Thanks for the props though.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That is not just Hidden, that's how all spots end up on video. Go watch some video of the Elevation jumps, or the Red bull rampage site. Same thing in Skateboarding, and surfing as well. Everything you see on video, your like, $hit, i could hit that. Then you finaly show up to the real deal, and it's 10 times bigger in real life.
I've been traveling and doing this $hit for over a decade now, and i learned my lesson on judging stuff from video.
Ask Timmy about when we first watched the Rampage on vid, and then what happened when we showed up. Same with the Elevation trails, and about a 100 skate spots i traveled to hit, after seeing video of them.
Yeah, that's definitely true, but I still think it's more the case with Hidden than some other spots. I think maybe it's because most of the time it's filmed from above. You did a good job of mixing it up with shots from below, though. There are a couple shots that look huge.

I'll see you this weekend... be ready to rip.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
bitch of a time trying to get Quicktime movies to play. streamed or saved, doesn't matter. wtf!!?? the picture glitches and freezes the whole way through.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Any updates Zach? I've got a twenty burning a hole in my pocket.
Yeah, sorry bout the huge delay. I basicly postponed the vid for three months while i built the new Schpot.
We have 2 new web vids almost finished right now, and we are back on the full time film mission. We are in no hurry to get the full length out, but it will be done sometime in the near future.
Just talked to Alex Reveles, and Spangler, and we are about to clock some goods. Should be ripping.
I have more than enough footy to bang out a full length vid right now, but we don't want to quit filming just yet.:biggrin: