Quantcast

Duthie trail modifications....

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I hate to beat a dead horse folks but here we go again. DO NOT TOUCH OTHER PEOPLES TRAILS!!!!!!!! Dropped in to our line (HLC) tonight and flowed the entire thing until the Happy Ending jump (20+ ft. gapper) Dropped in with the usual speed and things did not go well to say the least. Came up short and bit the dust. Turned around and looked at the jump and someone added a bunch of dirt on the lip. It now sends you more up than out. I was out digging on Wednesday eve. and it was untouched and hitting as usual. If anyone sees someone other than the primary builders messing with anybody's line, please let them know what they are doing is irresponsible and dangerous. If anyone knows who did it please PM me and I will let them know myself. It was not a major change, but when you are going that fast and that far, any little change adds up.
Thanks for the bruises whoever you are! :mad:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
That's the perfect place for a giant step up with a really steep landing.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
did you raise the landing up? because when I jumped it, the landing was not taller then the lip.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
that lip and location are a perfect place for an epic step up.

I'll even come help build the landing up seven or eight (or more) feet taller, if you want. :D
:cheers:

(and I'll bring the beer!)
:thumb:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
That sucks, I also noticed the the lip was changed, but I assumed it was done by the HLC builders.

Lame, I thought it was a bit sketch when I hit it on tuesday, just figured it had not packed yet. Should have known, it was not the regular HLC quality.

I love that jump BTW.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
You're not the only ones with this problem, Chad. I guess there's a few guys that are bent on reshaping the takeoff for the Legend...they were out there yesterday messing with it and I guess Kevin caught them in the act. They were telling Kevin that Scotty and I told them it was ok to fix holes, etc., but they were also told otherwise by us - mostly Ted - soon afterwards. I guess they didn't take his message to heart.

Bad form on many counts. Obviously, even the builders of the trail might not know it was altered and thus get crippled or, better yet, die hitting something that was altered w/o authorization. Those kind of things are what gets a sweet park like Duthie Hill shut down and likely consideration for future projects elsewhere. What blows my mind is they are "fixing" a takeoff for a jump that can't even be hit since there's a 1/2 ton stump lying across the landing.

If you want something on a line changed then PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE contact the work crew for that particular line. We may not do anything, but we will at least listen to ideas - that's all you can hope for.

There's plenty of hill for everybody to get in on the action. If you want to call the shots on a line then get in touch with the powers that be at Evergreen. They make dreams come true!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The builders are the ones who made the place cool enough for people to bother spending their time there, and THEY decide how a trail runs- simple as that!
If you don't like it, don't ride there!
Message to the leeches:
If you need something more GNARLY to ride, you aren't looking hard enough. PLUS, if you find the gnar, you won't have to do ANY work! Wouldn't that be SICK!?!?!??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
that lip and location are a perfect place for an epic step up.

I'll even come help build the landing up seven or eight (or more) feet taller, if you want. :D
:cheers:

(and I'll bring the beer!)
:thumb:
You might not have what it takes to hang with the cool kids sorry.:rofl:

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Another trail modification found at Duthie on Thursday pm. This time on 2Hi... a new hip jump so someone could transfer from 2Hi over to the Legend landing on the DWB line. This has gotta stop, folks.

If you want to build at Duthie:

How do we nip this dickishness in the bud?
  • Spread the word
  • Keep your eyes peeled
  • Stop and ask anyone you see building
  • Take their picture and send it to the build lead
  • Does anybody frequent Pinkbike who can post over there? I don't go there. Too many forums - too little time.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
Another trail modification found at Duthie on Thursday pm. This time on 2Hi... a new hip jump so someone could transfer from 2Hi over to the Legend landing on the DWB line. This has gotta stop, folks.
Well, that sounds really safe! Transfer from an intermediate trail to an advanced line's landing. I can just see the collisions in my head.

Mike, are folks just leaving tools out, so any random douche can start moving dirt? Sounds like those need to go on lockdown.

EB