Quantcast

Duthie work party on DWB line - Sunday, Jan. 31

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
We got the hard part of putting our latest jump together, but we need one more small push to get it done, dialed and rolling. At that point we will be doing a bit of product testing, which all volunteers are also welcome to partake of.

Things should be warming up by 11am at the latest, but I'll try to keep all updated should it be sooner or later than that.

Thanks in advance!!!:thumb:

Andy

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Looked great and seemed like you had a great turnout last Sunday while I was dialing and fixing spots on the SW XC loop as asked by Mike. Still too big for me to hit your stuff but appreciate the work for those who can. Dave's line was fun though and good practice. LOTs of folks out working all over the place!

mini-dub

Chimp
May 21, 2008
I missed the last work party due to getting sick, but I should to be able to make it to this one! I love making it out to throw down on some digging. For work parties are we allowed to use the service access road? Just thought I'd check.. thanks!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The powers that be prefer if you park at the main lot down by the lodge. Perhaps one of those powers can confirm/deny this? I know they're trying to keep traffic to as much of a minimum as possible with the boom in bike/foot traffic as of late.

As far as trail names, Dirtcorps line is "Semper Dirticus" if I heard correctly. The tight, flowly line that starts adjacent to the Luna Chix jumps is 2 High (yay, Mutton!). We haven't officially named ours yet, but have a couple/few ideas. Last I checked on www.evergreenmtb.org it looked like it was just a general overview kind of map.

Not TONS of digging to do on Sunday down below on our line, but if enough peeps show up, we could always fan out and tackle a couple/few small tasks up top. Mostly ride if all goes well/swiftly. :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The combo just got changed Sunday morning and there was already, what, 15 cars in the meadow. I saw some guys just getting their bikes out and heading off to ride too. So, I assume that some builders may be letting the number out a little too easily. Traffic was already up though there were tons o' people working out there too which was awesome. But, yeah, ride in from the main lot whenever possible.
Names: eventually something will come up, there are blank signs already at the trailer but not much concern I guess to get them out there though we all know it needs to get done. Seems like everytime I'm out there I get a dozen, "where am I and what trail is this?" questions. For now, the 4 main XC loops will likely still be NE, SE(Boot Camp), SW, and NW. The mini-Flowtronny trail I believe is actually called, "Ryan's Line". Zeb's mini-DH to the left is just that. HLC is just HLC, and so on...

Also, if anyone knows who is continually re-opening the old short cut connector up to the top of the DWB and DC lines from the access road, please stop. Just freakin' ride around like everyone else. It won't kill ya. Thanks. Rant off.

jdusto

Chimp
Dec 19, 2009
Westra has been lately getting a few leads for donated materials (Cedar Logs, 1 man rock and gravel) and its easier to get them delivered into the clearing when there are as few cars as possible for the dump or logging truck to maneuver around.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Unless I am bringing in tools I just use the main lot and ride in, its short and kinda fun.

Keep in mind, park is far from finished and things change. Please out of respect for the builders do not hit jumps that are not open yet.

Its lame that someone is reopening that short cut, its closed for a reason.

Another party this sunday, biking as well as building. There is a huge stump that we are going to need to remove soon...

jdusto

Chimp
Dec 19, 2009
The WTA connector trail is again getting iffy. We just fixed the section between the parking lot and boardwalk but now sections between the boardwalk and the clearing are a slopfest. It will get attention once NE XC is finished getting rebuilt and the new NW XC is completely benched.