Quantcast

Duvall Trails

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Hey-
I'm going to be heading up to the Duvall/Maltby area tomorrow and I thought I'd bring my DH rig because i've been hearing about some sick trails up there.

Would anyone be willing to either PM me directions to any DH/FR trails , or even some good singletrack? Or, if you want to meet and show me in person just PM.

Thanks a ton
nathan

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I have not been way back out there in a while but I've heard varying reports as to the trail condition late summer and Fish and Game folks stopping vehicles from getting to where I believe you want to go.

There's lots of fun singletrack in the valley but not much that would be DH bike friendly. Unless you don't mind pushing.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i'm in too, the trails must be shown in person

can anyone help us out? I could prob only ride Sunday though....

nate

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
last I heard, the dh/fr trails were not supposed to be ridden anymore. Of course, those who would know are either not on this forum, or are not going to respond as to not bring attention to that area.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
As a whole, Seand is right.

Oddly enough, I had a local who knew I rode come up to me last week to tell me about this trail that he had "found" and rode several times.

On his motorbike.......

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Right now its hunting season so I wouldn't go up there; I'm pretty sure its hunting season anyway. DNR doesn't allow riding out there, and since the area is pretty popular for redneck sunday drives DNR patrolls the area regularly. Its a fun trail, but I won't go out there unless its mid week, which is kind of hard to do in the winter, just because its not worth driving out there and being told you can't ride. Its to bad that this trail is basically dead because it was fun and close.

Rieter Pit has some potential on some old trials dirt bike trails. If anyone is interested let me know.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Actually, I ride around East of here a lot and you're right. Lots o' rednecks in the woods truck hunting out here during deer season. Plenty of auto and semi-auto noise too.
Reiter rocks (literally!) and I'm really surprised more of the "rad" crowd doesn't ride there. Unless it's too burley for them.

No one really cares if you ride there either. You won't worry about DNR, the USFS, or the man if you're just riding your bike. No tickets, no hassle...

So, why isn't it the next big place? I've ridden there since '91 and it's been a blast.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
thers trails in Duvall you all lie !!!!!! There are no DH/Freeride trails out there :ban: if you dont know dont make to much noise on the boards just ask your friends

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I wonder why all the trails get closed. The first response to the this thread should've been a good firm scolding. E-bikers rule!

mcrae2112

Chimp
Mar 15, 2006
Duvall
Its too bad that our trails are on private property and now you have to be sneaky to ride them. So lets try not to attract too much attention to them for that reason. Good luck trying to convince DNR to allow us to use their profitable logging land for dh trails. You should have been around when you could shuttle it though...oh man, it was awesome.

hey island ripper, any chance you could pm me the location of where you rode.
ha ha ha, good luck finding this trail if you don't know the area

ridetilludie

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
Renton
I'm really surprised more of the "rad" crowd doesn't ride there. Unless it's too burley for them.

No one really cares if you ride there either. You won't worry about DNR, the USFS, or the man if you're just riding your bike. No tickets, no hassle...

So, why isn't it the next big place? I've ridden there since '91 and it's been a blast.
Reiter rocks, and yes it is to burley for most. I think the mean nasty motos scare the pedal crowd away, they are afraid.:bonk:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
please let this ****ing tread die, each response brings the trail closer to death. Should never been created in the first place.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Why delete a thread about a very general location? Its not like there are directions to the area.

Its funny too that every time you guys post about not replying, or deleting this thread, it only brings it back to the top, and brings the smart asses out like Skooks.... and me.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Oh and i forgot Bubba McGillicutti. He's the guy that shoots stuffed bunny rabbits and refrigerators with his shotgun. But he rides the trails on an imaginary bike.... naked....

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Ahaha as long as that gate is there the only people who are going to rebuild out there are people not afraid to pedal UP a hill.

ALL MOUNTAIN @@@@ Woot@@@ haha...
hahaha. we were out there pushing our big bikes and did some trail maintainence after the storm. clearing numerous logs and sticks that fell across the trail.