Quantcast

E.13 Detailed pictures

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I am getting my new SRS and my old SRS had a unnormally large gap inbetween the top guide and the bash. Can someone post detailed pictures of the top guide and the bashring, specifically the gap inbetween. Thanks alot and the help is needed.

Or could someone tell me what might be wrong with mine?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My camera stuff is at school. If you can understand how I am trying to say this, I will try. How close is the gap between the top guide and the bash ring supposed to be? Mine is around a quarter of an inch and at one point it was giving it so much room the chain could fall off. I changed BB's at it helped alot, but I don't know what else is wrong. It seems the gap is still a little large.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how could changing bottom brackets affect that gap's dimension?

i don't have my info handy, but i thought you wanted that gap as small as possible w/o hitting the chain on the top of the slider. there are two parallel grooves where you can adjust the distance of the top slider.

or maybe i'm totally missing your question

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok, i think i understand now... you are talking about the inner plate.

this can be spaced out w/ bb spacers or the spaces which come w/ the kit.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
The gap is way to big by your description. I have around 2-3mm on mine. Its an easy fix. If your chainline is optimal and your cranks are evenly spaced on each side then all you have to do is space the boomerang out with the provided washers. If your cranks are unevenly spaced and your chainline is not perfect, then use bottom bracket spacers until it's set up correctly. You should not have that big of a gap between your top guide and bashring.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Changing BB helped because the one I had originally was to long. So if I played around with BB spacers I might be able to get it closer? If my cranks arn't evenly spaced, whats a fix for that? How would I space the boomerang out if it connects to the ISCG mounts? I will try and post pictures tomorrow.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Try a Higher End Raceface that you can adjust your center point on. Yeah 118 seems pretty long for a single speed... Maybe a 13 or possibly a 110 something like that... But an Adjustable you can just move your cranks arms around till you get them were you want them

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I am going to stick with a shorter Truvative probley. A 113 is what I need, got one for sale? I got it working right now where it is fine, but me and my bikes love to be in perfect working order. I am going to search around tomorrow and see what I find. If a bottom bracket is to short, can it still work, or will forces break it?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
is the space between the top guide and bash verticall or horizontal? if its verticall, the space should be 3mm. horizontally, as long as the bottom guide tab is alligned, you can just bend the top guide so its spaced ok. the way i check the top guide is just put your bike in its lowest gear and bend the top guide around so that you can just see some light between the guide and chain. otherwise just give dw or anyone at e13 a buzz.. there have the best cs i know of. :thumb:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
What kind of bike you have?... i havent dealt with goride all that much myself....But i would check with the Man. Directly and as far as 113 being to small for a 150 rear...... VP Free SC tells you to use a 113 and its a 150 rear. So Different Manufactures different specs

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Possible, Usually your usins the BB spacers because your bike has a 68 MM shell and the bb is for a 73. Which i doubt on yours...... You can get a Decent Truvativ for about 50 bucks from Your LBS... Couple things to remember when your trying to get the Right BB though. Crank type, Bike setup Rear suspension width. Honestly would Suggest calling the Man. and telling them what your doing They should be able to tell you which BB and how to set it up properly.... The VPfree Had some Issues installing also. As far as your SrS spacing to the ring.... Once you are sure your BB is Proper for the Apliccation at Hand, if your still to far out you should have gotten two sets of screws that mount the Boomerang and some Washers.... Can just basically shim it out. Let me know what ya find out Always nice to have Info on hand

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
ThePriceSeliger said:
Ventana El Curevo. It doesn't say anything on the website. Can I get by with a good chain line and a good SRS setup if I just use BB spacers?
No, you need to put spacers on the ISCG bolts to space out the backplate.

DirtyMike said:
What kind of bike you have?... i havent dealt with goride all that much myself....But i would check with the Man. Directly and as far as 113 being to small for a 150 rear...... VP Free SC tells you to use a 113 and its a 150 rear. So Different Manufactures different specs
Well it depends on how many chainrings you run. Normally with a single ring, 73mm shell and 150mm spacing, a 128mm bottom bracket will provide ideal chainline.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
WheelieMan said:
No, you need to put spacers on the ISCG bolts to space out the backplate.

Well it depends on how many chainrings you run. Normally with a single ring, 73mm bottom bracket and 150mm spacing, a 128mm bottom bracket will provide ideal chainline.

i am Not familiar with the Bike he Has i was just using the VP for an example. SC Tells you to use a 118 for triple and a 113 for single, Each bike setup is always different. Fiddled with the VP for prolly four hours before i called SC. They knew already the problems with that CG witht hat bike..... You had to make a Cut in the Boomerang. Point is Call Manf. to see if they have Better Info or possibly a more direct answer

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Oh this is the first one I have ordered. The others, friends got for me. Great, so I should use the longer set and does it come with washers to put behind them or should I use my own?

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
ThePriceSeliger said:
Oh this is the first one I have ordered. The others, friends got for me. Great, so I should use the longer set and does it come with washers to put behind them or should I use my own?
Directions are included with the guide!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
It should Come with them. If not then Use some High quality washers so that you get them to be as close to each other in size as possible<Thickness> Add one washer at time till you get the spacing your looking for. Once the Srs is set up they are a Great Guide system. E13 CS is pretty cool too so if your missing ny parts Holler a them