Quantcast

E.13 SRS problem

May 9, 2006
In a box off I-93
Hey guys, i have an E.13 SRS chainguide on my demo 8 but im having some trouble installing my 2006 holzfeller cranks. When i try to put the crank/chainring/bashguard combo on and tighten the crankbolt, the chainring rubs against the baseplate and i cant turn the cranks. The chainring is too low. Anybody had this problem before or know how to fix it? Thanks a lot guys!

PS: This is MTBSully, i am using a friends account.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Jeremy R said:
All you have to do is flip the adaptor plate around, and it will mount up perfect.
demo-8 is ISCG...no plate to flip...are u running flush up against the frame? if so..put one BB spacer behind the right side cup...that ought to mover out a bit...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The Mad Haderer said:
demo-8 is ISCG...no plate to flip...are u running flush up against the frame? if so..put one BB spacer behind the right side cup...that ought to mover out a bit...
Thanks for telling me about the bike I own.:thumb:
The E-13 guide will not work on a Demo 8 mounted up on the ISCG tabs with 06 The Holzfeller setup. All you have to do is flip the adaptor plate and use maybe one spacer and it mounts right up with a perfect chainline. Unless of course, he did not get the Howitzer BB with the 56 mm chainline. Then well......
Here is a pic:

MTBSully

Monkey
May 20, 2005
haha, ummm. which one is the adaptor plate. Oh yeah, and i def got the right BB. I might just take out some of the spacers behind the backplate becuase i just looked and there are like 3 spacers there.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
the reason for flipping the iscg adapter facing outboard is that even though the demo 8 has a 135mm rear end, its offset and acts like a 57mmchainline . if you mount directly you will have a 50mm front and a 57mm rear.
the truvativ crankset is a close setup though. It claims to be a 56, but in reality its more like 55mm.
the race face diablos 83mm shell 57 mmchainline crankset with the after market 73mm reducer kit works well also.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
LoudonHucker324 said:
Hey guys, i have an E.13 SRS chainguide on my demo 8 but im having some trouble installing my 2006 holzfeller cranks. When i try to put the crank/chainring/bashguard combo on and tighten the crankbolt, the chainring rubs against the baseplate and i cant turn the cranks. The chainring is too low. Anybody had this problem before or know how to fix it? Thanks a lot guys!

PS: This is MTBSully, i am using a friends account.
this sounds like you are trying to use a 50mm chainline crankset.