Quantcast

E-Thirteen Components/EVIL BIKES Arkansas Downhill Series

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Via email:

E-Thirteen Components/EVIL BIKES Arkansas Downhill Series

April 3rd 2004 at 11:00 am we will be starting the 2004 DH season.

Just a few things for everyone to remember... this would not be possible if not for some companies that i want to mention. E-Thirteen components/EVIL BIKES, Fox Racing, Lazer Helmets, Maxxis, Some Fear Gear, Voo Dew, Get Out Magazine, Graham Crackers backyard & patio, Dirt Rag Magazine, Rockgardn, Gravity Racing Components, Pryme, Therapy Components, Web Cyclery, 104.9 the X, SIXSIXONE, Yamaha of Fayetteville, Hayes Disc Brakes, Clif Bar, Bikeman, Pace Sports Wear, Tomac, Larry Woodruff Denistry, Tifosi Eyewear, McBride Distributing Co, Fayetteville Bicycle Company, Central EMS, Arkansas State Parks, US Forest Service, Arkansas Forestry Commission Search and Rescue, and Norba. Links to all these sponsors web sites are at somefeargear.com/ADHCS and on ambcs.com Check out these companies, support them every chance you get!!! They have given over $14,000.00 in cash and prizes to be given out over this series!!!

The first race at Devil's Den State Park 4-3-04 is the talk of Arkansas and many states all around us. We have people coming from Colorado, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Mo. and Texas. This event will fire off at 11:00 am on the nose!!! You can register the morning of the race at the Devil's Den visitor center from 8:00 am until 10:00am. Shuttles should be running by 8:00 am so you can get a few practice runs in. The only class that will receive a cash payout will be the "OPEN" class. Anyone can race in this class but be ready to test your skills against experts and semi-pros. The amount of the payout will depend on how many racers sign up for this class.

Other classes to race in are 29 years and under Expert, 30 and older Expert, 29 years and under sport, 30 and older sport, XC/limited travel(this class is for anyone with a bike with 5" of travel f&r), Womens Expert, Womens Sport(the womens classes could be combined depending on the amount of racers), and JR. (this class is for 15 years and younger) If you are under 18 years of age and want to race you need to go to usacycling.org and get a permission slip for your parents to sign and bring it with you to the race. If you do not have it we can not let you race.

If you want to practice the course will be open for practice on Friday April 2nd from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. Check in with me at the finish line before going to the start so we can do paper work.

Also...A full face helmet is required!!!!! There will be no exceptions!!!!! If you are sharing a helmet with another racer, it will be your job to get the helmet and get to the start line before your start time!!! we will not be able to wait for anyone!!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to call me
479-263-8402
Thanks!!!
Tim

ikea

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
if anyone wants to head out to arkansas for this race on the 3rd, i'm looking for someone to split gas with.
i dont mind the drive, i just cant afford to go out there alone.
I'm in houston, but willing to drive to austin to meet up with someone.

Justin

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by ikea
if anyone wants to head out to arkansas for this race on the 3rd, i'm looking for someone to split gas with.
i dont mind the drive, i just cant afford to go out there alone.
I'm in houston, but willing to drive to austin to meet up with someone.

Justin
beggin...

:D

akaeasy_j

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Frisco, TX
If you can make it to dallas, Im sure you could catch a ride and bunk with our crew on the cheap. We gots lots of folk heading up there.

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
the web site says practice on the 2nd but no shuttle. Is that no shuttling allowed or no shuttle provided? And if no shuttling allowed whats the hike-a-bike like? What's the turnout like? What I'm asking is, I've never been so what can I expect? Thanks

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by akaeasy_j
If you can make it to dallas, Im sure you could catch a ride and bunk with our crew on the cheap. We gots lots of folk heading up there.
get in on that justin!

chinoloco

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Austin, TX
So, I've talked to Tim already about Arkansas. Wish you could ride with us Ikea, but we're already full.

He said:
There is about a 650 ft of elevation drop over a 1.25 mile course.
The fastest time last year was about 3 minutes.
He's hoping to have about 60 entrants this year.
There are some sections what can possibly reach 35-40 mph.
Everyone will run the same course which is finish number 2 on the course map.
The couse would be really fun on a hardtail (wish you could go Weaver)
The Red Roof Inn is probably the cheapest and the closest at $45/night!!!!
The big gap jump in the pictures will not be open during the race, but will possibly be open after the race.

Not sure what the hike is like, but he said that there will be a shuttle running the morning of the race. Unfortunately, we are getting there until late Friday night. Will probably get only a couple of runs in before the race.

ikea

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
a friend and i are looking at heading up thursday evening to ride the practice friday and possibly race saturday... neither of us has been on a DH course yet.. this could get interesting.

chinoloco

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Austin, TX
Depending on what kind of ride you have, they will have a class specific to the "beginners". It is a 5" travel and under class. Regardless, I think it will be good times for all.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
wow 650 elv change thats it. el paso has more then that, and the drive is about the same. There's also a free ride park with northshore lines, dirt jumps . You also can show up when ever and ride all of the park and the trails. O and the on race day u only need 35$. How cool is that. Isn't comort 650 elv change? That sounds like you would have to pedal a lot. El paso It's staight down no pedaling whats so ever. I know I don't want to go to anther comfort.

shuttling all day every day starting wednesday.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by dirtyj
wow 650 elv change thats it. el paso has more then that, and the drive is about the same. There's also a free ride park with northshore lines, dirt jumps . You also can show up when ever and ride all of the park and the trails. O and the on race day u only need 35$. How cool is that. Isn't comort 650 elv change? That sounds like you would have to pedal a lot. El paso It's staight down no pedaling whats so ever. I know I don't want to go to anther comfort.

shuttling all day every day starting wednesday.

uhhhh..... they paying you to promote j? :D

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by chinoloco
So, I've talked to Tim already about Arkansas. Wish you could ride with us Ikea, but we're already full.

He said:
There is about a 650 ft of elevation drop over a 1.25 mile course.
The fastest time last year was about 3 minutes.
He's hoping to have about 60 entrants this year.
There are some sections what can possibly reach 35-40 mph.
Everyone will run the same course which is finish number 2 on the course map.
The couse would be really fun on a hardtail (wish you could go Weaver)
The Red Roof Inn is probably the cheapest and the closest at $45/night!!!!
The big gap jump in the pictures will not be open during the race, but will possibly be open after the race.

Not sure what the hike is like, but he said that there will be a shuttle running the morning of the race. Unfortunately, we are getting there until late Friday night. Will probably get only a couple of runs in before the race.

you mutha****a!!!!! i want to go so damn bad.... even more so now.... id own that **** on my hardtail with 3inches up front (kinda like you eh?:eek: )

i just dont see how i can make it.... i WILL make the other ones they are having later....especially at this particular course....

biker3

Turbo Monkey
And yes shuttling the course is allowed all the time they just won't provide one. The course does have some pedaling but overall its pretty downhill the new lines theyve made have changed it a lot and i think there will bes faster times this year. the best time from last year was like 3.01 by chris crone but the course was much longer and flatter then now its changed and a lot more downhill.

You guys should def try you hardest to come out. There also a new jump on the finish line that you can really air out.