Quantcast

E Thirteen or MRP

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
trailpimp33 said:
MRP offers so much more.. Just look at the options, hyper lite carbon race guides, super strong polycarbonate fusion guide (that wont break if tighten the bolts), the original CNCed guide (still 1/2lb lighter than E-13. Not to mention they just hired the guy I see at all the nationals to handle cust. service calls. Dude, hands down MRP. Oh yeah, I have heard that E-13 only gets some of the Big riders from MRP by offering large sums of money.....
Are you high, or do you work for mrp.

Any metal MRP i have ever had has lasted about 4 runs, until the plates bent under the BB. It is NOT 1/2 lighter then an srs, and do you have any idea how much MRP paid Peaty to use it?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
trailpimp33 said:
Oh yeah, I have heard that E-13 only gets some of the Big riders from MRP by offering large sums of money.....
Yeah, that is how they pulled me in.
Always taking me out on their yacht, making me sip Cristal, and buying me hoes that are always shoving money down my pants.
High rollers for sure.....

They drive a clapped out old bread truck to the races providing support to all their customers.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Jeremy R said:
Always taking me out on their yacht, making me sip Cristal, and buying me hoes that are always shoving money down my pants.

They drive a clapped out old bread truck to the races providing support to all their customers.
That bread truck was new FYI - then they let Heikki drive it.
:help:

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Jeremy R said:
why must you hurt the feelings of the bangbus? :( it did almost kill Piper and I this year going to Mountain Creek. We blew a tire on 95 and ripped a hole in the back of the truck. Crazy I tellz ya, CRAZY!

and for trailpimp33

as far as I know, e13 doesn't pay any riders to run product.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I almost got a MRP......but Ebay went too high :)

So I got SRS's on 2 of the 3 bikes I own (becuase one has 3 chainrings, don't need a guide). They are easy to setup, easy to troubleshoot if something is wrong, pretty light, strong as hell, and easy to get support for. What else do you want?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Jeremy R said:

Damn Jeremy, sounds like a hard life ;)

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
trailpimp33 said:
MRP offers so much more.. Just look at the options, hyper lite carbon race guides, super strong polycarbonate fusion guide (that wont break if tighten the bolts), the original CNCed guide (still 1/2lb lighter than E-13. Not to mention they just hired the guy I see at all the nationals to handle cust. service calls. Dude, hands down MRP. Oh yeah, I have heard that E-13 only gets some of the Big riders from MRP by offering large sums of money.....

Hmmmmmm, 1 post and a very strong opinion:)

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Another vote for e13 here. I have belted the living piss out of mine, and I heard the little polycarbonate gremlins laughing at me for bothering to try. I've bottomed it into rocks at high speed, smacked it on everything you could imagine (I am TEH SMOOHT!!!11!ONE. seriously.), grinded sideways across rocks on it (not intentionally, just one of those things that happens in the course of trying not to crash), and so on. No damage whatsoever other than scratching up the bashy. No chain loss whatsoever except one time it dropped and I couldn't work out why... never happened before and never happened since so I'm not too worried about it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
The bending seems to be the biggest issue with mrp and the strength of e-13 seems to be the bash. I have an e-13 drs on my bullit and had one on it before. they work great and perform flawless, my rm7 has a mrp lrp with a e-13 bash and works flawless as well. The guide systems themselves are not much diiferent.
The both have a back guide and a drop arm the houses the roller, both systems will accomdate the e-13 bash. I havent had any problems with either. As long as I have a e-13 bash either work just fine and without prejeduice they both are great from a design and finished perspective. I do anodizing and see all sorts of different milling and cnc'd products everyday, both these companies put out a quality product.
As far as people complaining about the bearings packing up in crappy weather on the mrp, they are almost identical in everyway to the e-13 roller.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...bent MRP plates???

Really?

I've been running that system in one form or another (System 1, or System 3) and never had an issue with that... and I'm not smooth AT ALL.

I've hit boulders, concrete ledges, logs,.... boulders....:think: - and never bent the things...

Even with my new System 3, I've bashed the boomerang on boulders during race runs at Diablo, and only scaped the hell out of it - my plates have only been notched, but never folded or bent.

Just what the hell are you guys riding over? :eek:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
S.K.C. said:
...bent MRP plates???
....Just what the hell are you guys riding over? :eek:
Ummm stuff, you know, like rocks and stuff:p

I've bent my MRP plates on several occasions. I won't get into the gory details, but sandstone won and aluminum lost every time:rolleyes:

MRP's are a bit quieter IMO, but thats the only advantage I've found. I've had more chain jams and derraillments with MRP's and only one with an E13.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
They both do an excellent job of holding the chain on, thats for sure.

But e13 wins on durability, and value. Their customer support is almost to the point of ridiculous.

They are the kings for good reason.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
S.K.C. said:
...bent MRP plates???

Really?

I've been running that system in one form or another (System 1, or System 3) and never had an issue with that... and I'm not smooth AT ALL.

I've hit boulders, concrete ledges, logs,.... boulders....:think: - and never bent the things...

Even with my new System 3, I've bashed the boomerang on boulders during race runs at Diablo, and only scaped the hell out of it - my plates have only been notched, but never folded or bent.

I have a box full of bent boomerangs, as well as inner and outer plates mangled beyond recognition. You hit those things hard once and they're done. There used to be silver rocks at the mountain I ride dh on back when mrps were THE standard. I haven't ridden the newer plastic ones but the all aluminum guides are junk compared to what's being made now.

I had one on a dirt jump bike that both plates split farther apart than jenna jameson with a $1000 bill being waved in her face. This was casing on DIRT.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
S.K.C. said:
...bent MRP plates???

Really?

come to windrock next season and find out.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
konastab01 said:
What ever you read
The Gamut is one of the best guides on the market if not the best.Its easy to set up for 1,its bloody light and takes a beating unlike any other guide I have used and they weight only 260g(P40 polycarbonate bashguard) which is pretty impress if from such a good guide.
I agree. I've run a Gamut (both the P40 and G45) for a year now and it's been great. I had a E13 before the Gamut and they're about the same reliability-wise, thought I think the Gamut is smoother and it's a lot lighter. www.gamutusa.com

If you really need to choose between the MRP and E13, then get the E13 no question. I've seen too many dropped chains and bent plates on MRPs, and so far I've seen no E13 failures.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Transcend said:
That bread truck was new FYI - then they let Heikki drive it.
:help:
aaaahahaaha.
Preciouse moments wiating on the side of the highway with Dick, hobbling around at 10mph to get help. Great fun, it really is all worth it though being able to help out at the races and support the customers.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
sleepinggiant said:
Both excelent choices IMO. The new MRP with the lexan bash ring is pretty sexy too:drool:
I almost bought one of these over the weekend, but the guy was an asswhole at Rage Cycles in Scottsdale. Has anyone run one of theses yet?

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So Cal
I have a MRP system 3 with the regular alum bash. How much weight would one of those gamet chain guides save me?

And what is lighter a system 3 or a e 13 srs?

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
I took the e 13 OFF of my bike and put a MRP on. I don't anything about the e 13. A lot of people get a stiffy over them but I prefer the tried and true MRP. Just my opinion but please, any question? Refer to my signature.