Quantcast

E13 LG1 (old style) and 32T chainring?

guitarhero

Chimp
Nov 1, 2005
Scotland
Anyone running this combination? E13 site says 34-40. Looking to run a 32T for easier climbing. Hoping it'll work till i can afford an LG1+

Last edited:

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Anyone running this combination? E13 site says 34-40. Looking to run a 32T for easier climbing. Hoping it'll work till i can afford an LG1+
It works with heavy modification on the slots for the slider and lower slider/pulley. Also, I had problems with the small ring bolt holes on triple ready cranks, so there is the modification there too, aside from that, just making sure you have all the right mounting hardware. Time consuming but the end result is pretty nice....... 34 just bolts right up though....

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I ran the combo without any modification and everything seemed to work just fine - no chain drop.

toby

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Just put this on last night from a 36t. Top slider is fine, but the bottom might not be foward enough without drilling the little slots along another few mm. It covers the chain onto the teeth only just. I'll be sure to report back how it handles it.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I ran an lg-1 with a 32t ring for about a year with no problems. Only issue was adjusting the top guide to make sure it wasn't so low that it rubbed on the chain ring bolts, that took about 5 extra minutes.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
First ride today, over some fairly rocky stuff at a quick pace=silent and no chain drop. I really can't see it being a problem and I haven't even drilled the lower holes.

Bike is an SX trail mind you, which having very low chain pull means it keeps chains very easily.