Quantcast

e13 on banshee morphine, uhg

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
i just got a e13 srs(east coast), i planned on running it on a banshee morphine, i was wanting to run a 40 tooth ring. so i mount the back plate and alls well, then i realize that the crank wont seat on the bb all the way because the chain ring is hitting, so i put a 36 tooth ring on and its still rubbing the frame, not as much this time but some and now the bashring is only mere mm's away from the chainstay. sorry if this doesnt make sense, any ideas? anyone else running this combo, uhg! im annoyed, thanks for the time

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
well ive already done that but it still doesnt fit, bummer, maybe i could rig up a "slingshotish" design and remove the right stay all together......

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
The Morphie is a hardtail, right?

If the chainring is hitting the frame, then you will need to use a longer spindle for sure. Some frames that are designed to accept really large tires cant accept large gears at short spindle lengths. Sounds like a frame to gear incompatibility. Go longer on the spindle until it fits!

dw

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
The morphines chain stays are real wide like DW says to fit big tires. I had similar issues with mine running bones cranks. I was able to spacer it heavily out to clear, but it wasnt perfect.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i love the morphine. i wouldn't trade it for anything, but like you found it does have some limitations. but why do you want to run a 40t chainring. that is HUGE! personnally i have mine with a SS setup and i run 32/15, but before that i ran a 36t up front and 11-32 on the back and i never found myself out of gear.

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
well the 40 was a spare i ad, but i ended up needing a 38 tooth so everything would clear, all is good now, thanks for the help

neilan11

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
i have seen that same problem sept the kid was dumb enough to let the ring wear through his frame slowly when it would hit stuff and hit his frame untill the point where it broke