Quantcast

E13 SRS+ with Saint m810 cranks - what modifications need to be done?

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
I've done a search on here and some other forums but never really found much information on the mods you need to do to get it to work, only reasons why it doesnt work - i.e the chainring tabs on the saints are too thick, so it creates a larger gap than normal between the bashring and the chainring, allowing the chain to slip into the gap.

Can someone explain to me clearly what i need to do to get around this problem? When I searched people were saying file down bashrings, others were saying file down bolts, others saying tabs.

I would have thought that you would need to file away certain amount in the shape of the chainring tab on the back of the bashring?

Someone help! I'm looking to buy a new chainguide tonight but I need to decide between lg1+ and srs+, but I'd rather have the srs due to not having to take the chainguide apart whenever i remove cranks, and I prefer full bash setups.

Thanks

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Dremel or file down the bashguard where it will touch the spider (the bolt holes). 1mm should do it. That is all.

I ran my saints and SRS+ for two seasons with absolutely no problems. Never dropped a chain, never jammed, never did anything wrong.

It was damn near silent too. Obviously set up is always key, so just make sure everything is lined up perfectly.

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
I ran my saints and SRS+ for two seasons with absolutely no problems. Never dropped a chain, never jammed, never did anything wrong.

It was damn near silent too. Obviously set up is always key, so just make sure everything is lined up perfectly.
Me too, on two different bikes as well. Only issue was that I hit the bash that hard once that I broke a tab off and had to buy new cranks.

Me too, on two different bikes as well. Only issue was that I hit the bash that hard once that I broke a tab off and had to buy new cranks.
Mine was on two different bikes as well, one with a 135mm rear end, the other with a 150mm, for what it's worth.

That must have been a hell of an impact! I left my bashguard a bit of a square after both seasons, but the tabs held up good 'n strong.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Cheers guys, just bought one! Looking forward to changing out my 4 year old clapped out srs with saint bash, give it a breath of new life!