Quantcast

e13 TRS Tires available to order on line again

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Not fast pedalers of you are into the ghey Lycra XC thingy but great tires for real trails.
I pretty much ride every day in the summer, I pick the bike to match how I feel like riding that day. The new GT has lightweight X Kings which are better suited to a hard tail (IMO) and I think it would be fun to try something out of the box for me.

Also: I haven't seen a hard core Lycra clad XC rider for years...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I agree with the xc bike this would be a fun tire for more burly riding with the Sensor. However you still need a Pike and sell the Fox.

I still really like the WTB Trailboss 2.4 front and 2.25 rear. Little less aggressive and lighter but still a lot of grip. Cry baby @jstuhlman they make them in 26" too :)

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
cross post, sorry ...

OK no hero slop but another ride on these in the books. They're really, really good.
My point of reference for tires are DHFs front and rear for many years. I have nothing to complain about with these TRS tires. They corner great and standing climbs over very rutted/rocky terrain were without a slip. They seem to work great on dirt as well as wet/muddy rocks. They're not super light, and I can't speak to long term (en)durability, but for now 8/10 - would bang.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Been on them for about a month now. I'm biased but super impressed so far. I'm running the soft (race) compound in front and the harder (+) compound in the rear. Loving the softer compound in front - gobs of traction, including in wet roots and rocks (which we've actually had around here this year for a change). With the harder compound in the rear I can get some predictable drifting/angle corrections going while the front stays hooked up. The reinforced casing feels super supple and I don't have any sidewall tears or ripped knobs yet.

With this said, aside from a few wetter-than-usual rides, conditions have been so good around here that pretty much any decent tire feels heroic. I'm looking forward to some better tests in dryer/looser conditions. (FYI, ordinarily I'm a DHF, HR II, and DHR II kinda guy.)

Also, installation with a floor pump on e.13 wheels was an absolute dream. No levers needed but front and rear inflated right up on the first try.