Quantcast

Eagle, Gypsum, Avon

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I was offered a job in all three towns. Is there any DH/FR/XC stuff? How is the local attitude? Any info?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Eagle and Avon might be kewl. They're right by Vail and the Beav (I think the Beav has shut down DHing tho - the only place I've ever gotten "scared" on a DH bike). Gypsum is further up the road (I70), kinda in the middle of no where but closer to GJT and Moab. It maybe cheaper to live in Gypsum vs. Eagle/Avon.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Vail really got their stuff together this year on the DH side of things and I know there is plenty of Cross country in the area. I would think that the closer to Vail you were, the better. If you can afford it anyway!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Avon's about 20 miles from Eagle & Eagle is about 10 miles from Gypsum. Gypsum would probably be the cheapest place to live, Avon the most. Avon would be the closest to the riding in Beav/Vail/etc.

-S.S.-

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
DHblur said:
Vail really got their stuff together this year on the DH side of things and I know there is plenty of Cross country in the area. I would think that the closer to Vail you were, the better. If you can afford it anyway!
Yeah, what he said about Vail DH. Also, that area is pretty centrally located in CO so you can travel all over CO and catch sweet trails. SS and I have been talking about the Crest/Rainbow trail. In the summer, it's a must do! I think from Vail you're only about 1.5 hours from Salida, 2 hours to Junction/Fruita, 1.5 hours from here (Steamboat), .5 hours from Summit County, Crusty Butt and Durango might be a bit more of a drive, but closer than me. Keep this in mind tho, the Vail I70 corridor is kinda closter phobic compared to Summit or here.

Say, does anyone know if the Beav has re-opened for DHing?

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Pau11y said:
Say, does anyone know if the Beav has re-opened for DHing?
They have not, nor have they expressed any interest to do so, for all the same reasons they closed the doors on it before.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Renegade said:
They have not, nor have they expressed any interest to do so, for all the same reasons they closed the doors on it before.
That's too bad. Rocklined was SWEET! I had my Karpiel Army set too steep for that trail and pretty much front-side manualed the entire trail. Met a couple of local boys and I think they decided to put the hurt on the "visitor".