Quantcast

Early Christmas Present

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
So I finally got my White Bros Groove 200 today from UPS. I know that some of you will say that they aren't as sophisticated as a Fox 40 or Boxxer WC, but they are actually a very well built fork and 100% US made. They have air assisted spring preload and a speed sensitive compression damping. Can change the air pressure in the compression chamber for bottom out control. Looking forward to getting it on my demo after I finish stripping the paint and polishing it.

Attachments

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
e-wankers will make fun of it, but really, if its a long travel boinger that goes up and down, you're probably going to have fun on it. Hope its rad, and that you get a chance to ride it soon.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I can't do the early gift thing. I always treat myself to something fancy for Christmas, but I gotta wrap it and save it for the day. Congrats on the new fork!

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I picked up the frame last week as an early christmas/end of finals present to myself. All the parts came off my older model V10. I love the holidays :D

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I got a pair of shoes from Jason @ sickliness today. Teva Lurk. Yes, they are awful colors but they're super comfy and well see how they stand up to some dh and pnw mud.

They're not awful - - them are Yeti colors ;). I almost snagged a pair this fall in Whistler, one of the shops was blowing them out 1/2 off. Wish I had now.

My early Christmas present from the good elves in Taipei . . .

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nice fork dude! Let us know how you like it. I've been considering one myself, you can get them pretty cheap off ebay from time to time. I wasn't overly pleased with my later model boxxer, and if you aren't setting weight records, that should be fine. Do you know whether the crown is boxxer-mount compatible?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
nice fork dude! Let us know how you like it. I've been considering one myself, you can get them pretty cheap off ebay from time to time. I wasn't overly pleased with my later model boxxer, and if you aren't setting weight records, that should be fine. Do you know whether the crown is boxxer-mount compatible?
Thanks. Yes, crown is the Boxxer DM bolt pattern.

This is the new 2012 version; so it has new damping circuitry. The compression damping has been changed to give both high and low-speed circuits now. It only ships with the medium spring now, so I'm hoping it's not as stiff as previous versions (I used to spec the soft spring, which is no longer available).

I'm coming back to the R-One after a season and a half on the Sigma; so I know for sure that shaving almost a pound is going to be welcome.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Nice fork. I had one of the original UD 150s in 98/99 and the fork was great. I'm sure they have come a long way.
I am waiting on a WB 150mm Loop to show up currently. Pretty stoked about that fork.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
My Early Christmas Present is 2012 Fox 36 180 Float RC2 Fit Kashima :) I just have to assemble it on my Glory via FSA Option headset :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks. Yes, crown is the Boxxer DM bolt pattern.

This is the new 2012 version; so it has new damping circuitry. The compression damping has been changed to give both high and low-speed circuits now. It only ships with the medium spring now, so I'm hoping it's not as stiff as previous versions (I used to spec the soft spring, which is no longer available).

I'm coming back to the R-One after a season and a half on the Sigma; so I know for sure that shaving almost a pound is going to be welcome.
haha, that was really meant for the OP, as I've never actually seen an RST for sale anywhere, but I'd still love to hear how the RST holds up after a season. There used to be a lot of fork manufacturers, now it's down to pretty much 3. I like the USD design, which is one of my main motivators for looking at the white bros, bro.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
haha, that was really meant for the OP, as I've never actually seen an RST for sale anywhere, but I'd still love to hear how the RST holds up after a season.
Oops! :redface: Told ya everything you didn't want to know.

To be honest, this is about the fourth generation of R-One I've had and each one gets just a little bit better. The basic chassis has remained pretty much the same but the internals keep being refined.

Last edited: