Quantcast

earthed 5, god damn!!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Just got my copy - it starts a bit slow imho with some quite average/poor footage of Innerleithen & Ae NPS races with some uninspiring music. Just got to the bit with Adam Brayton at Keswick though, and that completely makes up for it, fookin fantastic bit of video, makes me want to get out on my bike sooooooo much!

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I might be getting old or something, but I think the music is crap. Maybe I´ll get used to it. Footage is pretty raw and straight on, like the riding in the movie. Very, very nice.

Editing, well I´m glad I´m not epileptic. There should be warning-sign somewhere... hehe. :hmm:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I got my copy this weekend. As always, great coverage of the World Cups. Love the Sam coverage. My 3yo loves it too. Funny though, she was way into it but got up and ran away when the 4X stuff came on. Go figure.

-ska todd

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
I just ordered it from chain reaction cycles yesterday with the the upgraded DHL shipping. I hope it gets here soon..

edit: just got the shipping confirmation. If you are in the US, chain reaction shipped out next day for me and have it in stock, should be here in a couple days.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Need to edit Where to order in the USA?

Isn't Chain Reaction a UK website?

So, I order from them all the time. same shipping cost and since i live on the east coast my stuff shows up in 2-3 days w/out having to pay for express delivery. actually, sometimes its even easier than ordering domestically.

only problem with ordering the dvd from the UK is it might not play in your dvd player unless the format is supported. But most newer players don't have a problem.

i don't believe E5 is available in the US just yet.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
So E5 w/ DSL shipping to the states is roughly $68 USD? Or $34 USD? The prices change when you select shipping destination, but not the GBP sign. So I remain confused.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
all the earthed series should be able to work on ANY dvd player. my E4 from the states plays on my uk only player. i dont think they code there movies like other companies
It's not a region code issue, it's a PAL/NTSC issue.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
According to dvd decrypter, its Mutli-region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and there's no RCE protection.

I don't have a regualr dvd player, just a media center and some pc's.

It should work fine in all dvd players but i don't have one to test it.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
Did anyone order theirs from the Dirt website(The Mag Factory I believe it is)? It took them over a week to send me a order comfirmation email and that was over a week ago and they still havent charged my card.

i wanna do that too¡¡¡ but i have not received yet the issue 69 (november), so i don´t wanna waste more money that way.. (they charged my card like 3 days after i got the suscription).
i´ll wait this year... and if the magazines haven´t arrive in 08 january i´ll have to call again....

and i´m still waiting for the answer of my emails...

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
VAS hand delivered about 10 copies to our shop today (there literally right down the road). Movie was sweet. Sam totally smokes the 1:04 track, pure sickness!

rodrigodh

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
wow, its incredible ... the extras are the best part, 67minutes of pure, extreme dh. The schladming and champery sections are just amazing. ..so sick!

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Confirming this. Champery is so unbelievably steep! EVERYONE goes over the bars at practice.

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Confirming this. Champery is so unbelievably steep! EVERYONE goes over the bars at practice.
You should try riding it, puts things into perspective a little. I know a lot of the course was blown out due to the bad weather early season in the Alps, but it was a joke it was so tough, and without wanting to sound like a girl, dangerously scary :(

My memento - "welcome to hell"

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I just went back and watched a few sections again while eating some lunch...I don't get all the complaints about the music. It's an Earthed vid. The music is a unique part of it. It's not all emo nor is it death metal. It fits and flows in just fine to me.

Oh, and the Adam Brayton section might just be one of my fav sections in a long whiles. Eff that is good stuff!!

-ska todd

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
My name is Eski if you don't know me...
Eski boy...
Eski boy...what's my name now...
Eski boy...

Watching that section as I type...Pinned!!!! :thumb::thumb:
HAHA, that was one of the best rider segments in the flick I think. I also liked Minaar's dedication to get it during the 1:04

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I just went back and watched a few sections again while eating some lunch...I don't get all the complaints about the music. It's an Earthed vid. The music is a unique part of it. It's not all emo nor is it death metal. It fits and flows in just fine to me.

Oh, and the Adam Brayton section might just be one of my fav sections in a long whiles. Eff that is good stuff!!

-ska todd
what todd said....anyone I know with a diverse taste in music always loves the soundtracks....great mix of styles....can't wait to check this edition....only bike vids I ever buy

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Got mine last night. The one thing that stood out to me was the Maribor section and how rough that couse was through the rock section. My teeth actually hurt after watching it.

..and the that the obligatory girls section started out with all of them crashing.

...and everone crashing at CHamp.

...and how 4x should just be eliminated

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
got ours 2 weeks ago...love the soundtrack and editing. we have seen it a couple times already.

It seemed shorter than the rest of the Earthed releases. There was no hardtails rule section (which I have always enjoyed)...ah well.