Quantcast

earthed 5, god damn!!

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
E5 rocks. The music and editing is diffrent, but good. Matter of taste anyway.
The Champey section says alot about how demanding these tracks are. For those of you that's ridden the track, knows what I mean. It brings your confidense straigth down to ground level. I've never feelt so poor on my bike ever before, haha.
Enjoy the Earthed series, they're all superb.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Best Earthed yet!

Sam Hill Section-Almost every big right turn Sam puts his inside (rt) foot down, whilst he never puts a foot down while turning left! He seems to turn way better to the left as well, I guess because he is left foot forward?

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
we have a few in our shop.. i got a copy, awesome movie, pretty damn long w/ all the extra's goes on foreeevvveerr.. music not as wierd as earthed 4, good stuff i think.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
At long last, I finally got to see it this evening (still awaiting my copy, though)...worth waiting for without a doubt. I like the part where they were interviewing the guy that set the Champery course up and the subsequent interviews with riders. It's amazing how that one section made everybody seem "normal".

Yeah, it seemed shorter to me for sure. I was a little bummed to see the lack of a hardtail section and less dirt jumping than usual. It is a really good film, but when I watched it the first time I thought my disc was messing up with the editing right at the beginning of each section. Hill kills it

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Just got my 20 pesos copy hehe.
Well the music is not as good as earthed 2 (my fauvorite earthed so far) but Adam Bryton segment is very sick, and the part where he uses that steep section of hill as a berm is insane. The second section with the two brithish juniors and Bernat Guardia are bit boring.
The extras are very good mostly Maribor.
No too much cedric, kovarik and nico vink for my taste. I wanted to see more vouilloz riding too.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
It doesn't seem to have the fun attitude of the other films imo. Amazing riding and cool angles/ interviews, especially Sam Hill after Champery... The music not exactly a bro-down but it works and suits most of the tracks or riders styles. All in all an excellent vid.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i got it, loved it, but as a few other guys mentioned earlier, i miss the "hardtails rule" section. the attitude isn't quite as up beat as earthed 2 and 3, particularly 3, but some of the footage makes up for it.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The only real "beef" I have with the movie is the editing with some of the interviews...drop the level of the music when you want us to hear what some of these guys are saying. It's hard enough to follow their dialect as-is.

Better yet...sub-titles.

I guess you can't ask for too much since the season ended just about 2-3 months ago. I'm sure the Clay Porter release will have some Nico footage. It had better!!!

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I predict Troy Lee moto pants to be huge sellers this year.

I thought the vid was good, but not great. I actually liked the bonus footage almost better than the segments. Some of the soundtrack was a bit iffy.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I enjoyed the World Cup footage by far, didn't think Bryceland/Cunningham needed 2 parts but whatever. I liked most of the music, but I agree...when the riders are talking turn down the music or just don't show them talking at all.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I just watched Earthed 5 for the first time and man, it gives you an insight into what an animal Sam Hill is! Great Flick!!!:cheers:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Great riding only to be marred by nothing short of horrendous music as usual.....how the F*CK does that crap go with aggressive riding at all??? If Alex Rankin were in front of me I'd kick him in the balls for that.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Great riding only to be marred by nothing short of horrendous music as usual.....how the F*CK does that crap go with aggressive riding at all??? If Alex Rankin were in front of me I'd kick him in the balls for that.
i could not possibly agree with you any less. Of course musical preference, like ones taste in food, clothes, women (or men), and beer is of a personal nature. some like their riding with screaming and some don't, clearly Rankin prefers the latter.

I loved the soundtrack. it lets the riding 'speak' for itself.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
It involved plenty of screaming and piss-poor "singing". He obviously prefers total crap. The movies are universally more enjoyable when played on mute.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
pretty crazy how sam hill doesn't ever turn his bars.....he either just goes dead straight no matter how gnar the line required, or he leans......insane
we were watching it again last night, the music fits with the riding and editing perfectly, it's top notch......but I digress, sam, there's one track, or a lot of them I guess, but in his whole segment at this race, in every clip, I'm pretty sure he didn't pedal once until the last clip where he was coming across the finish line, incredible really.....

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
we were watching it again last night, the music fits with the riding and editing perfectly, it's top notch......but I digress, sam, there's one track, or a lot of them I guess, but in his whole segment at this race, in every clip, I'm pretty sure he didn't pedal once until the last clip where he was coming across the finish line, incredible really.....
probably maribor... that track was awesome

about 10 feet of pedaling out of the gate, 10 feet after the rock garden, and 10 feet at the finish

that course was all about "flow" and speed

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Amazing, just got it. I have to say, I am not usually a fan of Helmet cam but the Atherton segment/Fort William footage is unreal. Hill's Quebec riding was so sick, and his 1:04 track part, another geat Earthed.....

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Amazing, just got it. I have to say, I am not usually a fan of Helmet cam but the Atherton segment/Fort William footage is unreal. Hill's Quebec riding was so sick, and his 1:04 track part, another geat Earthed.....
hey tim,

sam's quebec part is split between trails at bromont and st. anne... the first half of his segment is all st. anne and the trails look rad. road trip this summer ?

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
I can't wait for Earthed 6 hahaha. It'll be so cool to see a whole segment on Bromont.
(Boarding there on tuesday) woot woot

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I can't wait for Earthed 6 hahaha.
Seems Earthed 5 is gonna be the last in the series. Kinda like how Sprung 5 was the last in that series. So i suppose we can expect something slightly differnet from Rankin next time.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Seems Earthed 5 is gonna be the last in the series. Kinda like how Sprung 5 was the last in that series. So i suppose we can expect something slightly differnet from Rankin next time.

Damn, well hopefully I'll get to see some coverage somewhere. Plus I'll be there so it's not all bad I guess. I like the way he covers the world cups, it's great to see the events that we otherwise wouldn't ever see. I rememeber when I used to be able to watch the world cup on RDS (local sports station) not anymore :(

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Damn, well hopefully I'll get to see some coverage somewhere. Plus I'll be there so it's not all bad I guess. I like the way he covers the world cups, it's great to see the events that we otherwise wouldn't ever see. I rememeber when I used to be able to watch the world cup on RDS (local sports station) not anymore :(
If Eurosport brings back WC action, chances are you will once again be able to see them on RDS.