Quantcast

Earthed 6??

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
I have heard legit rumors that he will NOT be doing another earthed 6. Let me find that for you.
He's never done an Earthed 6 in the first place.:biggrin: (Edit: damnit, sniped)
But from what I hear, you're right, no earthed's anymore... :(

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
No earthed but from what Ive heard, a documentary about steve peat might be coming soon. Bummer, he by far has the best stuff out.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Perhaps someone with not as perverse a taste in music will step up and fill his place.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
What movies covering the 08 WC will be available then? I seriously cannot take another clay porter documentary...

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I seriously cannot take another clay porter documentary...
I second that. It's a shame because Clay's footage is great...extraneous content is just so mind blowingly mind numbing. Also, enough with the eye shots. No more. Do your next movie like you do the yeti vids and I'll buy it.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
As said before, who ever the hell does the Yeti vault videos needs to make a movie. They have great footage and music.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
I heard (from Transcend in another post)(i think) that freeride entertainment was at every WC, filming. And if this is true, the amount of 'said' footage they used for NWD9 wouldn't justify travelling and filming that much racing IMO.....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Perhaps someone with not as perverse a taste in music will step up and fill his place.
That was the best music and editing I saw in a bike video. Dunno why ppl hate it so much.
Clay's stuff is nice but we need earthed mayhem.

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
Since when did people not like Clay's movies? 1:30 long, great footage, pretty good music, and the narration just adds to it in my opinion.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
Since when did people not like Clay's movies? 1:30 long, great footage, pretty good music, and the narration just adds to it in my opinion.
id agree to that with Between the Tape. something about F1RST though, the narration was a little much. and who ever did the sound mixing sucked. music was at volume 10 and narration/talking was at 2.

a.pimlott

Chimp
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto
if its true that therewill be no more earthed videos then that is a real shame, they were by far the best race videos. clay porters films are alright but the narration gets really boring really fast. earthed had sick riding and sick music with no other interference

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
since his first movie....YAWWWWN! great footage, horrible movies.....sprung/earthed are really the only mtb vids worth paying for.....even the older ones are worth paying for today....

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Most ppl like it but the idea of seeing them alone scares them. We also need real balls to the wall DH movie. Not only half documentaries.
Also I think Clay should evolve as First was simpy Between the tape 1.5 (better shots and editing but the whole idea was the same).

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
I get what your saying, but I didn't watch F1rst for better footage etc, I watched it for the 07 world cup, like there's a whole different story and stuff.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Earthed is filmed in the spectators view, no bored stupid narrations, no repeated gay music from shiny toy guns, no americans section. Just sick footy of the faster guys with the appropiated music.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Earthed is filmed in the spectators view, no bored stupid narrations, no repeated gay music from shiny toy guns, no americans section. Just sick footy of the faster guys with the appropiated music.

You hate our freedoms, don't you?

Bet you're one of of those islamo-fascists...

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
That was the best music and editing I saw in a bike video. Dunno why ppl hate it so much.
Clay's stuff is nice but we need earthed mayhem.
I agree, I like the music in the Earthed series. Ever since I watched Earthed 5 over a 100x, i've been dieing for Earthed 6...loved those videos. Will miss them.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Anyone seen this?:
Earthed law of fives was the last film by Alex Rankin and Tim March. The Best Of Earthed has nothing to do with us and is a rehash of old earthed clips (with some substandard extras that aren't fit to bear the Earthed name that Alex and i established) that are already on youtube and the choosing of sections and editing has been done by staff who have never worked on an Earthed project so we cannot guarantee that our attention to detail, love care and affection for what we did can be represented in the way that has become represented through the Earthed Brand Name that was Alex Rankin and Tim March's vision. We are both truly sorry about this but there is nothing we can do about it as we no longer work at factory media, they own the Earthed name which they bought from 4130 publishing when Alex and i worked there. Earthed is no longer Alex and I. Our Swansong was the Law of fives. We hope this clears things up. perhaps this might be easier to understand, Earthed is now a covers band but with the same name as the real band but with none of the musicians who made the songs or filmed the tour. Earthed in name only