Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Hypnosis

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Screw the videos, who wins in a fight, Alex or Clay?
I am gonna go with Alex, because brits have a violent streak...so there you have it-Earthed3.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Help out mountain biking; get them both. That's what I'm planning to do. Earthed 3 for the World Cup footage and Hypnosis for the local footage...

dondon

Monkey
I didnt know it was a competition???? They are both filmakers, hardley competitors. Get both, Its a bonus to have 2racer style vids to buy. Better than having only one all year isnt it? I mean you guys are riding $3 - $5000 bikes and cant cough up enough dough for two dvds that will outlast your bikes???

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
blt2ride said:
Help out mountain biking; get them both. That's what I'm planning to do. Earthed 3 for the World Cup footage and Hypnosis for the local footage...
Yeah, they are both equally good. I think Clay's filming quality is a little bit lower than Rankin's, but he makes up for it with the interviews. I liked Synopsis because of the local footage, local riders, and focus on North America. And I like the Earthed series because it gives me a chance to see the European style courses/riding that I will probably never experience in person. I'll be purchasing both!

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Synopsis was like the NWD of downhill vids IMO. Crystal clear shots, not-so-great music, and alittle more slow motion shots. I liked it alot, its the type of video you'd show a non-DH'er friend to "wow" them with our sport. However, if i were sit down at any given moment and choose a movie, it'd be of the earth series. The footage might not be as clear, but theres more DH, less 4x, and lots of exotic locations. Just my .02 cents, i'll be buying both.

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
I liked both, except for the fact that synopsis was digital, the pics might have been a little crisper, but when there was any panning it seemed like the digicam couldn't keep up, making the background choppy. other than that, both great vids.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Does anyone have a link to where I can buy hypnosis? It will probably not get a U.K. realease date untill july or so:devil:

Dont suggest pinkbike last time I bought a DVD from them I had a bad experiance.

Mark W

Chimp
Jan 28, 2004
Canada
I have only seen the first earthed and synopsis, and I love them both. Out of the two, I thought the rider insights that were sprinkled through Synopsis gave it a bit of an edge. I like that sort of stuff.

I plan on getting Earthed 2 and 3, as well as Hypnosis.

effinewguy

Chimp
Nov 14, 2005
PB, CA
Hmmm, Synopsis was a piece of s*)t. The music was crap, the editing was sloppy, and the overall footage was weak. Earthed2 had some old british punk and some watered down hip-hop, precise editing(eventhough they could've helped us americans out w/ subtitles every once in a while), and the best footage we could ask for in regards to downhill racing. I guess it's all about what you like and if you don't sit in the middle of a specific demographic, then you will not be pleased one way or the other. Douchebags enjoy being douchebags and love douching. Douche, douche, douche.

fng

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
as long as earthed does not have ten whistler flashbacks and synopsis has good music I hope to get them both. oh yeah and less bmx racing:thumb: