Quantcast

East Coast Super-D

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Anyone know of Super-D races on the East Coast even remotely close to our area??? Last one I saw/raced was the 2004 Mayhem. I haven't seen anything since, and neither the SS or Racer's Edge series appears to be running any this year.

thanks -

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Thanks for the info --
where/when was the Dee Lux???

Birdman -- from what I've read, Super D was put together to give all the trail/all-mtn bikers something to race. Too much uphill for a DH bike; and more bumps than you would want to ride on a XC bike. The one I rode at Mayhem at SS used most of the DH course but followed one of the fireroads where there were a couple of places where momentum would not carry you up the hill and you had to pedal. This one used the DH start gate, so you raced against the clock.

From some NORBA propaganda --
Super D is a one run downhill format race, but unlike the downhill, it may not all be actually down hill. The course consists
of small climbs and is not meant to be very technical. Course lengths vary by venue but generally will last 10-20 minutes.
The start is a LeMans start meaning that competitors run to their bikes and mount them to race.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
el_gordo said:
Thanks for the info --
where/when was the Dee Lux???

Birdman -- from what I've read, Super D was put together to give all the trail/all-mtn bikers something to race. Too much uphill for a DH bike; and more bumps than you would want to ride on a XC bike. The one I rode at Mayhem at SS used most of the DH course but followed one of the fireroads where there were a couple of places where momentum would not carry you up the hill and you had to pedal. This one used the DH start gate, so you raced against the clock.

From some NORBA propaganda --
Super D is a one run downhill format race, but unlike the downhill, it may not all be actually down hill. The course consists
of small climbs and is not meant to be very technical. Course lengths vary by venue but generally will last 10-20 minutes.
The start is a LeMans start meaning that competitors run to their bikes and mount them to race.
sweet that sounds like my kinda race

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah fokey thats because your not in good enought shape to race xc competivley and your not man enought to ride downhill. Im just givin yeah ****e your faster than me xc any day.

and yes they are having super d at massanutten and I believe snowshoe as well this year.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
Bearmntpicnic said:
yeah fokey thats because your not in good enought shape to race xc competivley and your not man enought to ride downhill. Im just givin yeah ****e your faster than me xc any day.

and yes they are having super d at massanutten and I believe snowshoe as well this year.
please charlie its FOKY not fokEy

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
If you leave me a beer and a twinkie, and a copy of Barely Legal, you sir have yourself a deal.

I don't think I have a free weekend right now though.

You coming over to play with the new playground next week? I was thinking a Hampton Monkey BBQ, the wife will be home, it'll be good.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Oh yea, the D-Lux was in Maryland at an undisclosed location named Papisco, or how ever you spell that. It was back in February, I got my ass kicked. Cold, wet, and the most interesting and entertaining race I've been to.