Quantcast

eastern nighttrain vs. atomlab trail pimp

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
im selling my trail or park and getting a new bike, preferably a complete. i really like the way my transition rides because its short and sort of bmx'ish, but its too heavy. so i suppose what im asking for is any opinions regarding either bike.

also, if anyone has any other ideas feel free to voice your opinion.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Something tells me you won't get a much lighter bike by buying a cheap-ish complete.

I noticed you got a big bike, have you considered just riding a 20"? For like $600 you can get a banging complete that'll be light and flickable.

If you want a 26, I see either keep the TOP or go all out. You're hardly going to gain anything unless you do a Howie/Mob and light parts.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
my trailpimp is very light..the frames are listed at 5lbs only. either way, you won't go wrong. the atomlab may be worth the extra 400 or so since it has such a nice spec, but the eastern looks way dialed too, and comes with a 14mm axle which would be a huge selling point to me..

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Man o man what a decision I can tell you this Since my son is Peanut and he rides for eastern and i am Hacksaw and I ride for Atomlab I hope to be able to give you good info on both.

Eastern- 14 mil hub /drop out ,the eastern's head angle is 72 degrees so it is razor sharp for a 2six, the frame weighs in at about 6 1/2 pounds with a 15 7/8 chain stay i think the completes come with a Marzocchi . these bikes are built to beat the piss out of ,the only drawbacks is some of the components may not be up to the Atomlabs Standard. But with that being said it is one hell of a bike.

Atomlab- The OG trailpimp's are being phased out the new completes like the pimp2 and the gi's are loaded with Atomlab Components i.e wheels , pedals , stem , bars seat/post The new frames have a welded brake mount and removable v-brake bosses for both 24 and 2six. it will be comming with an 80 mm RST Space fork which is a decent fork (Peanut is sponsored by RST and I do alot of testing for them) The new colors will be out soon also Black ,Red,White and Green I have personally beat the piss out of Atomlab wheels for going on to 7 years now and never had a catastrophic failure. Just some truing and ready to roll .

Both bikes are a great buy, you probably want to look at the angles and lengths and base your decision on those factors ,either way you will get a quality ride..If you need any other info Message me hopefully this was of good assistance to you
Good luck either way and have fun riding...
"SAW"

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
ok, so i went a different direction, and ordered an eastern ace of spades. im gonna ride it for the summer and if i still want an mtb come september ill get a black market complete.