Eastern States Cup Nema Team Challenge

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Nema International and Eastern States Cup
Present
The Nema Team Challenge​

The Nema Team Challenge is a new concept in downhill mountain bike racing. The challenge will reward the fastest and most consistent mountain bike race teams racing the Eastern States Cup series. Nema came up with this unique ideas a way to support regional racing in the United States.

Race Teams will compete for the $1000.00 ESC Nema Team Challenge purse. $500 will go to the winning team, second place is $300 and third place will win $200. At every Eastern States Cup race the top three results from each registered team will count towards the Nema Team Challenge. The team with the most points after the finals in October wins. Thanks to Nema and the Eastern States Cup there will be no charge to register for the Eastern States Cup Nema Team Challenge. This will be very competitive and fun, as many top East Coast teams have already registered.

Since 1994, riders have trusted Nema International to deliver the most durable, comfortable, best performing cycling apparel. Nema has earned a reputation for providing gear above and beyond expectations. Nema has a proud legacy of supplying leading performance cycling apparel to riders and of supporting racing. For more information please visit www.nemacycling.com

The Eastern States Cup downhill mountain bike race series offers a variety of terrain at six of the East Coast’s premier lift serviced mountains; Mount Snow, Whiteface, Attitash, Pat’s Peak, Killington and Plattekill Bike Park. The ESC is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Series and features the NY, NH and VT USAC State Championships.

For the fine print and to register your team please visit www.easternstatescup.com

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
I think this is a great idea. The ESC is doing a lot for racing by trying different things to help the riders.

Great job.

Now I just need to get my team to the races, any Pro's out there doing the ESC looking for a team?? We can offer you a whole lotta nothing:rofl:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Cool idea to get your team "involved" and will make it a bit more fun? No team for me this year, running solo :thumb:

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Like Drummer said, awesome idea, surprised as well it took so long to bring the team concept to DH. Only other place you see this is at the WC level.

Everyone on the team needs to have a USAC license, correct???

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: to the ESC, this series is doing everything right and looks to be not just the premier series on the east but maybe in the country with everything you guys are doing!

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Very cool. My team took 2nd out of 12 last year in the Mountain States Cup and we didn't get anything. No plaque, trophy, nothing but 10 of us trying to stand on the podium box next to the other 2 teams.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Hey everyone if you have registered your team GREAT and thank you

If not do it now to make sure you earn your team points.

Either way please drop us another email at easternstatescup@hotmail.com with your team's contact email address and your roster.

This is going o be fun based on the number and quality of the teams registered so far.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
NEMA Team Challenge Standings Top Ten Teams with 2 double point races to go !! $1000.00 Cash up for grabs. Thanks NEMA for supporting the racers !!

1 Team Highland

2 Wachusett Brewery Racing

3 NE Collaborative

4 Drummer Racing

5 Northeast alliance Racing

6 Gravity Project

7 Action Sports/ giant

8 Big T Racing

9 PBR

10 Fastline Racing