Quantcast

Eastern States Cup Series Opens the 2011 Season at Mount Snow VT

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

Eastern States Cup Series Opens the 2011 Season at Mount Snow, Vermont​

Mount Snow and the Eastern States Cup Downhill Mountain Bike Race Series are set to unveil the 2011 season this weekend. The Eastern States Cup Series is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Series and will feature three USA Cycling State Championships through the summer. The first race up is June 4th and 5th at Mount Snow, VT. The Mount Snow race will be the first of four races for the USAC Vermont State Championship. Mount Snow and Killington Mountain Resort will have the other three on the schedule. Mount Snow continues a rich tradition in hosting Downhill mountain bike events. The resort located in West Dover, VT has held numerous NORBA, World Cup and National Championship events.

This race also kicks off the NEMA Team Challenge; the ESC will pay out $1000.00 to the top three Teams in the series. This unique concept is gaining attention from racers across the East Coast. Please register your mountain bike race team through the email link on the ESC website or in person before the race.

The Eastern States Cup will pay out a maximum of $1200.00 to pro men and women at every ESC race. Over $2000.00 will be paid out to the series Champions, including $600.00 to Junior Cat 1 men. Over $15,000.00 will be paid out by the ESC and the venues in 2011.

Six premier East Coast venues will host ESC races this summer. Every race counts towards a USA Cycling State Championship. Mount Snow and Killington’s races will count for the Vermont State Championships. Pat’s Peak and Attitash will count for the New Hampshire. While Whiteface and Plattekill will combine results for the New York State Championships​

2011 EASTERN STATES CUP SCHEDULE
6/4 – 6/5 Mt Snow. VT
6/11 – 6/12 Pats Peak. NH
6/18 – 6/19 Attitash, NH
7/2 – 7/3 Plattekill. NY
7/16 – 7/17 Mt Snow. VT
7/23 – 7/24 Plattekill. NY
7/30 – 7/31 Killington VT
8/20 – 8/21 Mt Snow. VT
9/3 – 9/4 Plattekill. NY
9/10 – 9/11 Whiteface, NY
10/8 – 10/9 FINALS Plattekill. NY

$1200.00 Maximum Pro Purse
Product Prizes provided by Mount Snow Sponsors: Kenda Tire, Camelback, Smith Optics and Contour.

Race Entry
Pro Men & Women $ 75.00
Categories 1,2 & 3 $ 65.00
Includes Lift Tickets for Both Saturday and Sunday.

Schedule
Saturday 06/04
On-Site Registration 9am - 4pm
Course Practice 10am - 4:00pm

Sunday 06/05
On-Site Registration 8am - 9:30am
Course Practice 9am – 10:30am
Race 11:00

For more information about Mount Snow visit www.mountsnow.com and the Eastern States Cup Series at www.easternstatescup.com

Last edited:

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Was hoping to make this but the doc says to give the shoulder a few more weeks. Without me there it is less likely to rain on you guys.

stballer13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
Looking forward to being back at mt snow. Whats the pre-reg deadline? I cant seem to find it anywhere but do you save $ for pre-reg?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I am desperately trying to piece a bike together. That track is pretty rad.
Anyone have a Sunday shock I could borrow for the weekend?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Looking forward to being back at mt snow. Whats the pre-reg deadline? I cant seem to find it anywhere but do you save $ for pre-reg?
The deadline is midnight June 1, it's listed on the pre reg site. There are no savings and no extra charges. Basically a time saver for racers. We'll see you there !!:thumb:

Sorry Mickey, no help here:(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
if the guy selling the avy produces on saturday, you can borrow my DHX. It doesn't work well and if you do return it to me, it'll probably be used as a doorstop, but you'd be welcome to it.

At the moment, I can't figure out whether I can actually buy his shock or not....

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
Hey Mickey, does the sunday take a 9.5x3? if so I have 2 vivid 5.1's (one with a 400lb spring and one without a spring) and a Roco WC (with a 200 lb spring) if those work for you.. (would also be willing to get rid of one cheap as well)

Oliver

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Oli-
I need the low compression tune, ya have one?
I decided that I wanted to race on Tuesday- I sent a cheap Rocco to Avalanche on Wednesday to get all loved up on though.
I am throwing a big pile of Swampthings into the car right now. Swampthings ARE Mt. Snow.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I had a great time this weekend, felt good to be back racing the clock. First race in nearly 10 months for me, hard to remember how fast everyone is going! :thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Full Results HERE

Thanks to everyone for coming out this weekend. Hope to see everyone Saturday at Pat's Peak for the first leg of the USAC NH State Championships.
Damn, that was fast...it seemed in the past that promoters took their time in getting this info out to USAC. Good job! :thumb:

Damn Part II: Cat 1 40+ winner beating Cat 1 30-39 winner by 10 seconds(!!)

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Singletrack and I didn't get along this weekend.
The new management of the mountain is about 300% better than the previous two administrations though.
example:

Large fire in the parking lot made by drunk campers.

Apparently there are plans to put thousands of tons of dirt into new MTB trails over the next couple of months. Thousands.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Singletrack and I didn't get along this weekend.
The new management of the mountain is about 300% better than the previous two administrations though.
example:

Large fire in the parking lot made by drunk campers.

Apparently there are plans to put thousands of tons of dirt into new MTB trails over the next couple of months. Thousands.
Thats great news. I always liked Mount Snow.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
VooDooHoo: if you're the man in charge at ESC, if you want to get your results up asap drop me an email to webmaster@rootsandrain.co.uk whenever you have them, and if I'm in front of a computer at the time (am 95% of the time on Sunday evenings) I'll have them up and live on the site in 15 mins or less. Probably a damn sight quicker than USAcycling etc (though I don't really know how quick they tend to be!). Just saying :)

Same goes for any other keen US race organisers out there reading this - webmaster@rootsandrain.co.uk :)

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
VooDooHoo: if you're the man in charge at ESC, if you want to get your results up asap drop me an email to webmaster@rootsandrain.co.uk whenever you have them, and if I'm in front of a computer at the time (am 95% of the time on Sunday evenings) I'll have them up and live on the site in 15 mins or less. Probably a damn sight quicker than USAcycling etc (though I don't really know how quick they tend to be!). Just saying :)

Same goes for any other keen US race organisers out there reading this - webmaster@rootsandrain.co.uk :)
Will do, Seb your site is awesome and the comparisons are really fun. Ok if we put a link up on the website: www.easternstatescup.com

Thank You

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
any idea if there were any professional pics being taken? if so, any idea where and when they will be up?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Not many sadly, only 135. Early days for the US on R&R though... UK races typically get between 500 and 5000 shots uploaded for each race, and well over 90% of them get tagged by the users of the site - eliminating those tedious hours spent searching through page after page of thumbnails.

If anyone knows a photographer (not just ESC, and race series) who might be interested, please point them at http://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/about.html - thanks!

Seb

gravitydad

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
NY
Yo this Root An Rain site is awesome! you are looking at what seems to be a interactive baseball card so to speak! you can compare riders results etc... what a great idea!!