Quantcast

Eggbeater C - will they rust ?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Im about to buy some eggbeaters.

The Eggbeater C model is described as steel. With the normal wear and tear of MTB, will the areas that get nicked rust and look bad ?

thanks!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Nope, I've got a pair on my xc bike. No rust, no probs, but they're silver, can't tell you how the black will hold up.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Also, I might add I've been riding mine HARD for about 2 years, and it looks like the right one might need a rebuild. Has CB majorly improved their bearing stuff? Good thing, I just picked up a pair of sexy 06 Mallet C's.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
blue said:
Also, I might add I've been riding mine HARD for about 2 years, and it looks like the right one might need a rebuild. Has CB majorly improved their bearing stuff? Good thing, I just picked up a pair of sexy 06 Mallet C's.
i had over 6,000 on a set of mine. no probs (road bike though) they did need a nice rebuild though.

AustinM

Chimp
Feb 22, 2005
i went through 3 sets, bearings. Pedal body kept falling off the spindle, despite supposively being fixed so I ended up switching to shimanos.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
AustinM said:
i went through 3 sets, bearings. Pedal body kept falling off the spindle, despite supposively being fixed so I ended up switching to shimanos.
What year? The first couple years of Eggbeaters had durability issues...

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
blue said:
The Crank Brothers use the enduro style bearings now.