Quantcast

Eight2Five

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
Recently updated the PDC with a few new parts to get the weight down a little bit and make it ride a bit better.

Spec is:
PDC Eight2Five - Medium Swinger 4 way (Soon to have a Ti spring)
08 Fox 40's
Saint cranks (soon to be 08 xt's)
Saint brakes w/ goodridge hoses, imperial rotors and pads and straightline lever blades
Mavic 823 rims on rear Hope pro 2 and front chris king on Comp 16's
MRP G2 with 38t E-Thirteen ring
NC-17 pedals
Reverse Fli xxl bars
Sunline DH stem
Sunline thin white grips
SDG I-fly ibeam seat and post
Modded x9 shifter
x9 mech
Sram Cassette and Chain

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1869052/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1869055/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1869053/

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
that is teh hotness.

one of the few frames out there that might get me to stray from my nicolai.

gotta side with Tomac_racer and question the rear shock choice. if it works, then great, but i would expect something bling-y-er on that bike.

what pedals are those?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a custom tuned Swinger for my Sunday and I really like it. A well tuned and setup Swinger could work well on that bike I am sure.

The bikes like fast and fun!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Man, I love those bikes. It's a shame PDC stopped producing...I was madly in love with their solaris as well as the DH-1
Wait - PDC actually went out of business...?

I thought they were just on some kind of hiatus...

BTW - Olie, are you running tubeless?

I always liked the look of those frames - very cool design.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
That frame had very limmited shock space. Not sure anything else (with a resevior) will fit ...maybe a 5th....
yeah, the 5th & swinger work for sure (i've run both). a dhx is no-go. a remote resi avy does the trick as well. one of these days i should get the 5th de-platformed...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wait - PDC actually went out of business...?

I thought they were just on some kind of hiatus...
I didn't say OOB, just that they stopped producing frames. From what I understand, they're a CNC or other custom machine shop that quit the MTB scene to do what makes money. I guess, technically, that's a hiatus, but I always envisioned a hiatus to have an end....

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
Thanks for the response,
re: to the shock, yeah clearance is an issue, rocco's also fit I've heard but you need to remove the rebound adjuster to get it in there. The shock is ok at the moment, but is soon going to be sent to TF tuned to get it de-valved, tuned and a Ti spring added.

re: pedals, they are NC-17 Sud Pin 2 S-Pro's, very grippy with a good sized platform, strong axels and good bearings, weigh in at 488g for the pair, more info on them here - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15420

yeah also running tubeless, 823's with michy tires and a little bit of sealant, has worked great for 4 years only burping air once out of the back tyre, rode in the alps, fort william and other big trails and its been great so far, dont think I'd ever go back to tubes tbh, much preffer the feel of tubeless

Oh and xy9ine - as you have a 825, could you give me an estimate on what you think it weighs? plus/minus 40 lbs would do

Thanks
Olie

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
mine is about 36.0 in it's current ghetto-tastic trailbike iteration (based on my individually weighed part spreadsheet; got a full bike scale on the way that should be a little more accurate).

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
^^ nice looking bike. Out of curiosity does the hole on the mainframe, just above the upper link do anything?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
at one time there was meant to be an alternative short shock mounting option to turn it into a short travel bike (ie, from 8" to 5" - the original name origin), but i've never seen that done. the angle looks too acute to bolt a shock directly to that hole, so i'm guessing there was supposed to have been some sort of mount that bolted to both sets of holes.