Quantcast

Eject! Eject!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Eject, you say? Don't mind if I do. Jalopnik story:

Pilot Capt. Brian Bews ejects as his CF-18 fighter jet plummets to the ground during a practice flight at the Lethbridge County Airport earlier today for the weekend airshow in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. Amazing gallery below above.

The pilot was taken to Chinook Regional Hospital with undetermined injuries.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I find it amazing that his ejection seat knows to right him and fire those rockets such that he goes up, not sideways/lawn darting into the ground.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So I guess I can quit waiting for him to bring my plane back. I hope my insurance covers the repairs. I have a couple of airstrikes planned for next week. I think I may have to cancel them now....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, that settles it. Canada really does need all those F32 fighter jets at a cost of a mere $9 billion + maintenance fees. The CF-18s can't even stay aloft.
You would want some real airpower if you lived across the border from Detroit.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I find it amazing that his ejection seat knows to right him and fire those rockets such that he goes up, not sideways/lawn darting into the ground.
If an iPhone knows which way is up, I sure as hell hope that thing does too.

The crazy thing is how scary that must be. It's not like you ever practice, and you sure don't want to be the guy who punches out and pisses away a 300mil jet. Split sec decision, stick your head between your legs and pull. REALLY load explosion followed by about 30 sec of not being sure if you are still alive.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

The crazy thing is how scary that must be. It's not like you ever practice, and you sure don't want to be the guy who punches out and pisses away a 300mil jet. Split sec decision, stick your head between your legs and pull. REALLY load explosion followed by about 30 sec of not being sure if you are still alive.
:stupid:

That has to be fvcking terrifying.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

As much as I like my iPhone I wouldn't trust it to right my ejection seat in the nick of time lest I become one with the flaming wreckage of my plane dead ahead… :D Maybe if it was running Android 2.2 :rofl:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, so this thread isn't about a new album by Attack Attack. Whew.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
How come no one cares about all the safe landings this pilot had done and they only focus on this?
Safe landings happen all the time. An ejection at the last second where the plan blows up is a little different.

And as one guy at my work says "100 jobs well done are immediately replaced by a single on sh!t".