Quantcast

El Roco...

Arm@ndo

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
It's nice to now have an option from Marzocchi.
I see a lot of plusses right off the bat with features and ergonomics... also that it is user serviceable without any special tools and that they are looking to make it a platform shock eventually. Not to mention that it is a cool lookin' tool.

Do any of you have input/experience yet with the new Marzocchi Roco RC ?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
I will have mine tomorrow... :sneaky: :sneaky: goin on my Demo9 should be a good match for my 888......I will post pics and first review when I get a chance. :evil:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Lumberjack said:
Bob bring something to wipe your shock off with. S Weasle has been drooling about that shock.
I can just see it too.........oh look, it shiiiinnnnyy :drool: pretty, shhiiiinnnny :drool: ....:drool: ...... ok :cool: I will bring my own fresh shop towels :D :evil:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
I can just see it too.........oh look, it shiiiinnnnyy :drool: pretty, shhiiiinnnny :drool: ....:drool: ...... ok :cool: I will bring my own fresh shop towels :D :evil:
Whatever you do....please please please don't try to 'adjust' or 'clean' your fork the night before a ride or race:rolleyes: :p

Thank you.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Whatever you do....please please please don't try to 'adjust' or 'clean' your fork the night before a ride or race:rolleyes: :p

Thank you.
Hey that fork locked because of a flaw in the valve assembly from the factory, not my doing. The old valve had to be replaced because it was blown and that was my doing. I just need to stay off the beginner course at Hood or maybe just off of Hood. I think I may take up knitting I hear that's pretty safe. :rolleyes:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Eh, you might stick yourself with one of the needles:p
Good point I should just stick to bikes, I allready have all braces for any downtime/rehab I might need. Get pocked with one of those needles and with my luck I might bleed to death...:think: :think:

Jun 18, 2004
Let us know what the deal w/those stackable shims is all about... that's the only thing swaying me over to the dhx 5.0 (which I run w/a a 66)... I'm pretty loyal to Marz w/3 bikes running thier forks... but the dhx has me swaying towards fox...

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
From the DH forum:

I just squeezed one into a Demo 9 frame. It required a very slight mod to the frame to prevent caontact with the reservoir at full compression plus a custom shim and bushing to mount. I haven't had the opportunity to get out and really ride it yet (very sick :( ) but have gotten out around my home for a few moments. It does feel very active compared to my 6-way (expected) but not real bad. Kind of makes the back feel like a 888. Off a 4 foot rock wall to flat it felt as plush as my 888 on the front. I will be keeping my 6-way for pedaling courses but look forward to running this on rocky-rooty type courses and courses that your not constantley trying to accelerate back up to speed. Whistler will be fun on this shock I am sure as well as steep technical terrain. Hope to get out this weekend and really ride it. I can see some of the traits that Radarr has stated and look forward to getting more time on this shock. I will try to get some pics up later tonight. For demo 9 owners who are thinking about using this shock it does require a mod to the frame. And if you like the steep geometry high bottom bracket position forget it, there is no way it will work, period, you are stuck in the slack position. Oh and this feels like a shock that will work better clipped in than not on a Demo.