Quantcast

Electoral vote map 2008

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Not to argue the merits of the map (thx for the map), but says something for how the electoral college may be out of date. NPR had a story today of how Liberty university (think Falwell, n-8) was holding VA voter reg. rallys and how the students were changing their registration to 'help' change VA to a red state, since their home states were already red.

point is, how fair is it really that a handful of states can decide the leader of the nation? We all saw the futility of the popular vote the last 2 elections. Maybe this should be one of those points for amending the constitution based on modern circumstances.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Obama has been pushing hard here in Va. Several campaign offices in town.

No sign of McCain except for yard signs and the occasional bumper sticker on a 7 series BMWs and pickup trucks with fake 3" exhaust tips. Odd demographic.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
538 projection, not a reflection of actual polls, but trends of polls

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Obama has been pushing hard here in Va. Several campaign offices in town.

No sign of McCain except for yard signs and the occasional bumper sticker on a 7 series BMWs and pickup trucks with fake 3" exhaust tips. Odd demographic.
not many obama bumper stickers here.. usually on a 'crunchy earth mama's' hippy mobile at the local java shop...

my neighbor (UAW GM employee) has a nObama sigh in his yard... i thought that was kinda weird.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
not many obama bumper stickers here.. usually on a 'crunchy earth mama's' hippy mobile at the local java shop...

my neighbor (UAW GM employee) has a nObama sigh in his yard... i thought that was kinda weird.
A lot of people don't vote based on issues

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Brought to you by the state that elected David Duke.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

I remember when traveling outside New Orleans, I would see David Duke for gov/senator signs in people's front yards.

In NO, they would be posted 20 feet off the ground on lampposts (at least ones that stayed up).

I figure most of the south would keep their support for a black man to themselves.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I remember when traveling outside New Orleans, I would see David Duke for gov/senator signs in people's front yards.

In NO, they would be posted 20 feet off the ground on lampposts (at least ones that stayed up).

I figure most of the south would keep their support for a black man to themselves.
'bout as many as conservative supporters in SF...

since we're sterotyping...:busted:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

yeah he won a seat in the La House... representing Metairie down next to NOLA.

However, we have an gov who is Indian (India) and the city of Shreveport has a black mayor and over 50% of the residents are non-whitey.

big whoop

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
On the other hand, Jindal signed a bill that authorized castrating sex offenders, has participated in an exorcism, doesn't believe in evolution, and wants the Patriot Act to be permanent.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
feel free to update this post with screenshots from this page (from the Times map, not "your map" to pre-empt N8 from turning all states red like an imbecile):

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/whos-ahead/key-states/map.html

(i trust it more than electoral-vote.com because they weed out studies of poor quality.)

i'll start. posted october 6 with data from october 3:

W. Va to leaning McCain, VA proper to a tossup

:pirate2:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
from fivethirtyeight.com, note the sole omaha EV going for obama making it 365!