Quantcast

ELK TRAIL - Action Photo Round #1

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Here's the first round of photos! Couldn't get all the stunts in today cuz we had to go up after work, and we had limited daylight. Should get some more pics this weekend, and I will post another round of photos. Without further ado:

Stuck in traffic on the way up to the trail...

You know you've found the Elk Trail when you see this

Me hiking up to hit the step-up to gap

Me hitting the gap

Random shot of my bike...

Dexter through the trees hitting the curved log hip. My bad on the crappy pic.

Dexter going for for the gap

Me sizing up the 15 foot hip-drop

Going for it!

It certainly wasn't the smoothest drop, but it definitely got the adrenaline pumping a bit. Look for more shots of this drop in round #2.

Dexter checking it out... He's gonna go for it next time up to the trail.

That's all for now! I will make another post for round #2 photos. Lots more stunts to come!

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
That's cool. Is there any way to extend the ladder to that drop so you can have more of a flat run in and not a steep ladder up to it? Maybe a double step up?

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
It's actually not as steep as it looks in the photo. We re-routed the upramp so it's not as steep. Now, there is a gradual upramp to start, and then there is about 15 feet of flat ladder to the drop.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
It's actually not as steep as it looks in the photo. We re-routed the upramp so it's not as steep. Now, there is a gradual upramp to start, and then there is about 15 feet of flat ladder to the drop.
Was that before or after I mentioned it to you in the other thread?

And when you say it wasn't the smoothest landing, what exactly do you mean?

As for the picture of you getting stuck in traffic above, isn't that like half the population of Montana in that one picture there? :rofl:

The step up to gap really looks like you wouldn't be able to have enough speed to clear that gap.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Was that before or after I mentioned it to you in the other thread?

And when you say it wasn't the smoothest landing, what exactly do you mean?

As for the picture of you getting stuck in traffic above, isn't that like half the population of Montana in that one picture there? :rofl:

The step up to gap really looks like you wouldn't be able to have enough speed to clear that gap.
We changed the upramp after my first post. I did a few run-ins earlier this week, and it was clear that was not ideal. The step-up gap is perfect though. Hit it four times yesterday, and cleared to the landing easily every time. Almost over shot it once actually!

Oh yea, and when I said that the landing to the last drop isn't very smooth, I meant just that. It's a fairly large impact. Seems like it will be a camera-drop only unless we make it a bit smaller.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Haaahahah

thats trail is SICK !!

I was the guy who called DEX on his celly last night when you guys were hitting this , looks sick !!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I wanna see the entire trail. Im not sure Id hit some of those. :) I need to make it down there though.

We have a trail of about the same caliber about 80% finished.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
I wanna see the entire trail. Im not sure Id hit some of those. :) I need to make it down there though.

We have a trail of about the same caliber about 80% finished.
You should definitely come down before the snow flies (since I will probably have moved to Bham before it melts off in the spring). That's sweet you have a good trail too.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
That trail looks pretty sweet man. You guys have some solid stuff. Instead of lowering the drop, couldn't you just add dirt to the tranny or do something of that type? Just a curiosity from someone who'd crap his pants looking down from the top of that.....