Quantcast

Elka shock clunk

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Hey just wondering if other Elka owners have the same clunk at the begining of the stroke it is only noticeable when pushing the bike up trail or bouncing the bike I am not concerned about it really as it does not affect the ride it just seems kind of weird.The shock has been back recently to get the new rebound valve to stop the squeaking noise but it still has the clunk.

Squam_DH

Chimp
Feb 24, 2009
My shock with the new rebound clunked for a bit when it was brand new. If it just got rebuilt, it might just need to break in.

dsb18292

Chimp
Mar 24, 2009
Supposedly that clunk has something to do with the IFP in the reservoir. Pat T. mentioned in one of his interviews that the problem has been resolved. If you have a clunker send it back to him for the updated internals...

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
My first elka clunked too. I have heard they have resolved it though and hope its true since i have a brand new one sitting on my new bike. We will see though.

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
No guess I will have to,it was just back to them would have been nice if they fixed it then.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
I think even the updated ones will clunk if you try running little high speed compression and too much low speed compression.

Maybe try reducing the LSC and upping the HSC a little.