Quantcast

Elka Suspension

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I will say the Elka is a badass shock! Just got one on my Trek Session and it is on another level from the fox it came with. Elka is on it too dude! they have great customer service and are easy to get on the phone and eager to work with you and getting you ripping asap on their stuff. I can't compare them to BOS or CCDB but, their customer service is better than one of those 2. I can say that. For sure on another level from a DHX 5.0 though.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I will say the Elka is a badass shock! Just got one on my Trek Session and it is on another level from the fox it came with. Elka is on it too dude! they have great customer service and are easy to get on the phone and eager to work with you and getting you ripping asap on their stuff. I can't compare them to BOS or CCDB but, their customer service is better than one of those 2. I can say that. For sure on another level from a DHX 5.0 though.
What do you like better about the Elka? I have a Session 88 and am pretty happy with the DHX5 on that frame, but open to possibilities...

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah timing is everything- I'm not tryin to bash them. I just couldn't get anyone to talk to me after many attempts. I am not bashing their shock or their service, they have a great product and knowledge I'm sure. But, no returns on emails and phone calls
must mean they are just that busy? Which is awesome for a bicycle company in this day and time. I was just impressed with how cool, laidback yet eager to deal with the Elka guys were. Their name is not as established in the MTB industry so maybe they are trying to get as busy as the other guys. Competition is so cool, and they want to take it out of schools pfft. I feel that Elka builds a very competitive suspension at a cheaper price with eager and attentive service. Pro custom tuning each shock for the rider weight, style and bike attributes and leverage ratios. It's a good product!

Last edited: